• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,044 Thanks
  • 2,701 posts

Posted June 26, 2017 - 09:49 PM

Looking for a Sensation, Bob-cat, Bunton etc  21-22-ish" push mower deck, needs to have handles and wheels.... may take a good magnesium/aluminum deck Snapper or Ariens or Jacobsen, etc.

Side discharge much much preferred, also non self propelled. but might consider a s/p if it is all there and functional. hopefully within 50-ish miles of 60901or help from the "GT talk Express"

looking for a couple of these decks.

Edited by dodge trucker, June 26, 2017 - 09:50 PM.

• kjmweld said thank you

#2 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,044 Thanks
  • 2,701 posts

Posted June 27, 2017 - 05:56 AM

can you guys change this to WANTED instead of for sale?

• KennyP and kjmweld have said thanks

#3 kjmweld ONLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 361 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted June 27, 2017 - 07:51 AM

I can almost see the wheels spinning. Whatcha building trucker?

#4 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,044 Thanks
  • 2,701 posts

Posted June 27, 2017 - 11:14 AM

A couple of mowers that will last for a while. Got a few good engines including a brand new from 1984 I/C Briggs that has never had gas or oil put into it.
I have an old fabricated ROOF push mower that I bought from a garage sale probably 15 years ago that I am just now going to have to weld up, I have put 3 engines on. The latest is still a great one, an LAV 50 Tecumseh that like my new Briggs, I got brand new, 20 years after it was made. I don't think I have ever even touched the carb on it, which seems to be Tecumseh's weakness. Still going strong. Today's mowers are pure crap. I like overkill, I like heavy duty, stuff that simply works and lasts without falling apart. I am just tired of the throw away mentality.

Edited by dodge trucker, June 27, 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#5 kjmweld ONLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 361 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted June 27, 2017 - 12:26 PM

I had thought maybe you were going to attach them together and make a wide pull behind or something along that idea. Your plan makes better sense tho with having a surplus of motors with nothing to power. Best of luck to you finding decks tho.
  • dodge trucker said thank you

#6 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,044 Thanks
  • 2,701 posts

Posted June 27, 2017 - 02:52 PM

Found a guy on CL in South Jersey with 3 of them for a really good price but I live like 1/2 way across the country from there.....
Actually years ago I had an idea to get several push mowers alike and somehow link them together to make something like that back when I was mowing everyone else's yards.... Tow bar linked to whatever riding mower I had at the time.

Edited by dodge trucker, June 27, 2017 - 02:55 PM.

#7 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,044 Thanks
  • 2,701 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 05:38 PM

I copied/pasted the title from the Jersey CL ad to show (hopefully) what I'd like to find

here goes... Lawn Mower Bobcat and Sensation $75 (Atco) pic map

don't spose it would be worth trying to get them sent here unless I get lucky and happen to find someone driving thru that could pick them up along the way.......

• KennyP said thank you

#8 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,022 Thanks
  • 1,489 posts

Posted July 03, 2017 - 06:22 PM

I saw your post for transport. trying to understand what your looking for?? I have a very solid frame off a snapper hi vac if needed, just have to figure shipping it
  • dodge trucker said thank you

#9 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,044 Thanks
  • 2,701 posts

Posted July 03, 2017 - 07:02 PM

Hey Jabelman... do me a favor. Take a look at my linked post from CL. I posted that just above your post, so people could see what I'd like to find. The ad that I posted,  is what I am asking for help with/ or in finding something similar that would be reasonably closer to me.... I see that you are in NJ, are you anywhere near Atco?  if so PM me.

That is what I'd like to have/ but what ever I get, I want a good side discharge deck (NO dedicated rear baggers or mulchers)  and self propelled not needed, either...  got 3 good engines (one brand new '84 Briggs I/C that has never had gas or oil in it)

one machine that I have, I scrapped the deck from last week (baffle broke /rusted off , caught the blade and sheared the key)  and have a 2nd one here that I am wanting to scrap the deck from as soon as I find a deck to take it.... just put that engine together from a barely used power washer that had a pump freeze...

had to swap cranks and oil sumps from the original engine that was on that deck.... 

runs great, low usage, cast iron flywheel and no idiot proofing blade brake since it wasn't originally built as a lawn mower engine..... a keeper, even if it is a Tecumseh.

found a Bunton that runs for $60, just need to fire up my MIG and fix the handle on it.... best deal going that I see at the moment on that sort of a mower in my neck of the woods at the moment...

on cent. NJ CL there's a guy with a handle for one of those at the moment...

just want something that will LAST// I am tired of throw a way junk....

tractor show season starting up, shows each of the next few weeks maybe something will turn up there....

Edited by dodge trucker, July 03, 2017 - 07:08 PM.

#10 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,044 Thanks
  • 2,701 posts

Posted July 15, 2017 - 07:54 PM

ok the guy in Atco has cheapened the price to $50  anyone out there that can help me?   I have sent what is now my 3rd reply to him via CL and I have not yet heard a word. I sent my phone number this time, thought I did last time too.....

#11 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,044 Thanks
  • 2,701 posts

Posted August 09, 2017 - 08:09 PM

bump.... my old fabricated deck Roof push mower just had a chunk fall off of it today while mowing.... chute is on the right side, the side wall on the left side across from it, is now dangling in the wind. It has lived thru 3 engine transplants since I have had it/ and it was probably already 20 years old when I got It around 20 years ago..... the current Tecumseh LAV50 on it, still runs better than most new ones.

goin camping this weekend, starting tomorrow for a 4 day weekend,  dunno how much I will be able to check in while gone.... though McDonalds has WiFi for free, I'm not crazy about their burgers, prefer ones from the grill.... might be able to stop in for hot fudge sunday, as an excuse to steal some WiFi waves.... will probably weld it up when I get back "for now"    but that only goes so far haha....

Edited by dodge trucker, August 09, 2017 - 08:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wanted, wanted