3 replies to this topic

#1 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • Member No: 43924
  • 357 Thanks
  • 232 posts

Posted June 26, 2017 - 12:39 PM

Hi Guys,

A good friend of mine has had an early Red E reel mower that when he purchased, the previous owner in Illinois I believe had just sold the original engine off of separately in effort of getting more money out of it. 

Ironically, another friend of mine send me the attached picture from the Dodge County show in Burnett, WI last year of this Briggs engine that was being displayed at the show that still has the Red E mower decal still in tact and visible which looks exactly like the engine that was described to have been on this mower and pretty sure this engine came off of. 

I'm really into collecting, documenting and restoring Red E equipment and just made a trade with my good friend on the mower. That being said, I'd love nothing more than to put it's original engine back on the mower, getting the engine and mower married back together if I could find it. That being said, I realize it's like finding a needle in a haystack, but wondered if anyone on this forum may recognize the engine and possibly know who currently owns it? 

Thanks in advance for any help! I know it sounds crazy, but I think it's worth trying.

Rob

Attached Thumbnails

• Red E FG Engine.jpg
  • Red E Reel Mower 1.jpg
  • Red E Reel Mower Tag.jpg

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,101 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted June 26, 2017 - 01:51 PM

There's fella on Facebook forum just got a tractor, most of engine on it. Told hiM about the PK forum there. Once painted green and yellow of course. One to search for registry?

#3 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,566 Thanks
  • 4,737 posts

Posted June 26, 2017 - 05:32 PM

The engine pictured looks more like a Q. The FG had overhead valves. A picture of it can be seen here.

http://www.flywheele...ed/engnotes.htm

• oldiron1 said thank you

#4 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • Member No: 43924
  • 357 Thanks
  • 232 posts

Posted June 27, 2017 - 01:12 PM

The engine pictured looks more like a Q. The FG had overhead valves. A picture of it can be seen here.

http://www.flywheele...ed/engnotes.htm

Thanks Doug, I appreciate the link and education. I'm just starting to learn about the early Briggs engines.