• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Oldthings OFFLINE  

Oldthings
  • Member No: 87438
  • 3 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 25, 2017 - 01:02 PM

I am a new member to  this forum. I just got my first 74 economy tractor after wanting one for a long time. I have a 75 Farmall cub my dad bought new and consider the economy as a baby cub. Its much easier getting off and on. Researching these tractors, I have found these were built from multiple other parts sources and uses the same tires as wheels as the cub. I am surprised how much power this this one has. I used it to mow 2 acres of over grown grass easily in second gear and less than half throttle. I hate to say it, but its much more stable on a section of the yard that  has a slight downward the requires it being mowed at a 10 degree tilt. The cub rear wants to slide on this section but the economy ran through it like it was on a flat surface. I am growing fond of this thing and want to keep it maintained. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Ray

• Gtractor, Austen and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#2 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 1,134 Thanks
  • 786 posts

Posted June 25, 2017 - 08:05 PM

Hi, welcome to the site, post up some pics of your Economy and your Cub if you have any

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,846 Thanks
  • 8,687 posts

Posted June 25, 2017 - 09:04 PM

Welcome to GTT. Check our Manuals Section for the manuals to your tractor. When you get a chance, post some pics of your tractors. Ask questions when you have them. Good Luck, Rick

#4 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,721 Thanks
  • 1,226 posts

Posted June 25, 2017 - 10:22 PM

Hi Oldthings welcome to the group and congrats on your new to you Power king, yes they are amazing tractors real workers, enjoy.

#5 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 1,304 Thanks
  • 783 posts

Posted June 26, 2017 - 12:38 PM

Welcome to GTT! Yes, they are great tractors and mowing happens to be one of their specialties as you've found. What model is it and do you have any pictures you can post for us Economy/PK enthusiasts? :)

#6 tiretrx ONLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 1,902 Thanks
  • 1,126 posts

Posted June 27, 2017 - 07:58 AM

Welcome to GTT, and congrats on your new PK!