• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 montana222 OFFLINE  

montana222

• Member No: 4024
  • 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 11:43 PM

case222.JPG Well I got the hydro system all cleaned up and new oil. Its workin good. All back together and ready to mow again> I still need some new mower blades. I'm posting before photos, just as I bought it>I did wash it a little. My plan is to do a resto on it this winter.

Attached Thumbnails

• case222-2.JPG
  • case222-1.JPG

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 11:59 PM

That is one sharp Case 222. If mine looked that good I would leave it as is. I do see that it has a few different generations of Case/Ingersoll components, but at least not cobbled. :D

#3 montana222 OFFLINE  

montana222

• 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 12:19 AM

What are you seeing. Its number says its a 1981. I just picked it up to do a resto and I would like to know what does not belong ther?

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 12:22 AM

What are you seeing. Its number says its a 1981. I just picked it up to do a resto and I would like to know what does not belong ther?

Well, I thought I was seeing a desert sunset version with later parts on it, but since you say it is a 1981, I would say that u just have to repaint the desert sunset with orange.

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 04:23 AM

Nice looking 222 you have there.

#6 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,609 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 05:30 AM

Had to read your thread again after looking at the pictures , it's in such nice condition thought you just did the resto on it.:smile1: Al

#7 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 05:54 AM

Nice looking Case. I would leave it alone, but I don't know that much about these, including colors. Looks great as is.

#8 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 08:42 AM

She looks beautiful as-is! If any of mine looked that good before, they would stay "before". NICE looking Case!

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 08:55 AM

I gotta agree with what has been said, your Case 222 is in great shape now and I would leave it as is but it is your garden tractor and if you want to restore it that is your choice. I am all for either way, I just tend to be on the lazier side and if something looks good already I tend to leave it alone LOL.

#10 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 09:12 AM

Great looking Case there Montana.

#11 montana222 OFFLINE  

montana222

• 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 10:40 AM

Well thanks all, theres not too much that I will do, prob rebuild all the wind vaines in the underside of the deck. Then repaint that, its faded, ya cant see it in the photo. And do some touch up in the foot boards. I'm not sure about that seat, it looks like its been changed out. The holes dont line up on the underside. Someone added a piece thats welded to the tail over the trailer ball. Ill have to get that grinded off some how without doing damage to the sheet metal.

#12 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 04:07 PM

Nice looking tractor! Yeah, PO did a retro Sunset paint job on it , but I'm partial to the Sunset scheme anyway. Power red wheels and a flat black grille would finish the Sunset scheme. Thanks for the pics, The "before" statement took me back. If you think "that" needs redone, I can't wait to see it when you're finished!

#13 John T OFFLINE  

John T

• Member No: 456
  • 2 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 - 03:50 PM

Wish mine looked thqat good!!!

#14 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 07:06 PM

montana222 - As others have stated your 222 looks like it's in real good shape and yes it is painted the wrong color for its age. Your tractor was painted totally Case Power Red (not Orange as was mentioned) from the factory not Desert Sunset and Power Red as it is now. Yes, it does look like the PO was fond of the Desert Sunset and Power Red paint scheme. Here's a beautiful example of an all original Case 222 of the period to which your tractor belongs. This is what your tractor looked like from the factory.

DSC02880.jpg

In the images above the seat and the PTO engagement lever handle have been changed and are no longer factory OEM, and of course the tires are no longer OEM, but outside of that this machine is a perfect example of what your machine looked like. When you do your restoration and would like the correct decals for your machine you can get them from a company called Maple Hunter Decals. I've only heard praise from others for the quality and workmanship from this company and the decal kits seem to be reasonably priced.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02888.jpg

Edited by KBear, July 14, 2011 - 07:12 PM.