• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,066 Thanks
  • 44,086 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 04:55 PM

goes to poop lately! Blew the hydraulic pump for the Cub. My daughter blew the engine on the JD 68, so I took her my LT4000. Went to mow with the JD F725 and found a water leak. Tried to get the AC 416 going and found the ignition switch wasn't letting it run in the on position. And the list goes on. Anybody got some extra rabbits feet laying about?

• jhn9840, olcowhand, Gtractor and 7 others have said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,138 Thanks
  • 9,617 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 05:11 PM

I finally gave up and bought a new one. Tired of continuous issues, trying to move the one that died so I can get to the backup, only to have issues with that one, etc.

:beerchug:   Here's to five years of problem-free mowing.

• KennyP, case442, MFDAC and 3 others have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,066 Thanks
  • 44,086 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 05:34 PM

I finally gave up and bought a new one. Tired of continuous issues, trying to move the one that died so I can get to the backup, only to have issues with that one, etc.

:beerchug:   Here's to five years of problem-free mowing.

Ain't rich enough on SS to do that!

• MH81, MFDAC, boyscout862 and 5 others have said thanks

#4 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,677 Thanks
  • 993 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 05:46 PM

On days like you are having I would say break out the Northern Lights again or the equivalent adult beverage.  That will temporarily make your day go a lot smoother.  Just don't over due it because to much and it will make the next day worse then the day you are having right now!  :beer:

• KennyP, MFDAC and buckhvnter3 have said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,066 Thanks
  • 44,086 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 05:51 PM

On days like you are having I would say break out the Northern Lights again or the equivalent adult beverage.  That will temporarily make your day go a lot smoother.  Just don't over due it because to much and it will make the next day worse then the day you are having right now!  :beer:

I opted for another solution! A good supper of fried pork chops, fried potatoes & onions, and corn on top! That should expel the bad stuff!

• MH81, grnspot110, MFDAC and 8 others have said thanks

#6 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,677 Thanks
  • 993 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 05:55 PM

I opted for another solution! A good supper of fried pork chops, fried potatoes & onions, and corn on top! That should expel the bad stuff!

That'll work too!

• KennyP said thank you

#7 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,224 Thanks
  • 2,907 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 06:06 PM

All my junk is torn apart. My Cub blew the drag link. Wheel Horse idler pulley on the deck locked up and smoked the belt. 3 of my push mowers are pretty much worn out.1 knocks 1 smokes bad 1 has a Giant hole in the deck and the one I was mowing with the recoil spring broke. 2 of my 3 weed whackers decided they don't want to run any more.

I'm down to 1 big heavy 22" push mower and my Old 1970s Homelite weed whacker until I get parts.

This all happened within the last 2 weeks.

The 1 with the big hole in the deck the hole was covered by a sticker.I knew it was getting bad but when I mowed down some burdock it blew the hole open and grass and junk went flying back at me.

I ordered 8 3/8-24 Heim joints to replace all the tie rod ends and drag link ends on the cub And the wheel horse. So sick of the little suckers popping apart rite in the middle of mowing.

These are the ones I ordered.Decent price for 8 3/8 x 24 pitch RH thread Female Heim joints.There getting put on with Stainless bolts and Nyloc nuts. Shouldn't ever have a problem with them again as long as I own them.

http://www.ebay.com/...K9ZHKP-&vxp=mtr

Edited by EricFromPa, June 24, 2017 - 06:09 PM.

• KennyP, MFDAC, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,066 Thanks
  • 44,086 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 06:14 PM

That'll work too!

A little Tabasco sprinkled on the chops when they come out of the skillet helps to! I'm full and feeling better!

• oldedeeres, Sawdust and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,066 Thanks
  • 44,086 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 06:15 PM

All my junk is torn apart. My Cub blew the drag link. Wheel Horse idler pulley on the deck locked up and smoked the belt. 3 of my push mowers are pretty much worn out.1 knocks 1 smokes bad 1 has a Giant hole in the deck and the one I was mowing with the recoil spring broke. 2 of my 3 weed whackers decided they don't want to run any more.

I'm down to 1 big heavy 22" push mower and my Old 1970s Homelite weed whacker until I get parts.

This all happened within the last 2 weeks.

The 1 with the big hole in the deck the hole was covered by a sticker.I knew it was getting bad but when I mowed down some burdock it blew the hole open and grass and junk went flying back at me.

I ordered 8 3/8-24 Heim joints to replace all the tie rod ends and drag link ends on the cub And the wheel horse. So sick of the little suckers popping apart rite in the middle of mowing.

These are the ones I ordered.Decent price for 8 3/8 x 24 pitch RH thread Female Heim joints.There getting put on with Stainless bolts and Nyloc nuts. Shouldn't ever have a problem with them again as long as I own them.

http://www.ebay.com/...K9ZHKP-&vxp=mtr

Seems like it all comes at once lately! Nice joints!

• Mark 149 J. said thank you

#10 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,224 Thanks
  • 2,907 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 06:15 PM

Sick of having to fix my junk every week to. By the time I get everything taken care of and get to use them something else brakes or falls apart. Wish I had the money to buy NEW junk to mow with. I would get me a good commercial zero turn and a couple new push mowers and 2 new Sthil or Echo trimmers. 1 for brush and 1 for grass.

I had joints like those on another mower years ago.Even if the ball and socket get rusted and worn out they will Not pop out if you have a good heavy washer on the top.

Oh and the Brakes on the Cub quit working.I have a feeling the plunger is galled fast in the front of the tranny. It has the old Wet brake style brakes.

Edited by EricFromPa, June 24, 2017 - 06:20 PM.

• MFDAC, Sawdust and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#11 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 12,215 Thanks
  • 9,172 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 07:00 PM

Do you suppose that was why they were on the curb in  the first place?

• oldedeeres, Sawdust and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#12 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 7,104 Thanks
  • 2,319 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 07:06 PM

Ain't rich enough on SS to do that!

Maybe Cat will let you borrow his for a few weeks till you get your stuff fixed ??

• KennyP and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#13 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,138 Thanks
  • 9,617 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 07:36 PM

It wouldn't take long to get there, the ZTR is pretty fast!
  • KennyP and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#14 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,465 Thanks
  • 2,659 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 07:58 PM

I think we all have those weeks/ months. Great idea, grab a meal and step back for a moment.
  • KennyP, MFDAC and oldedeeres have said thanks

#15 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,892 Thanks
  • 1,468 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 08:17 PM

Dang, you guys are making me paranoid that my old beater may break down! The old MF12G has been flawless since I re-powered it over a year and a half ago but besides the engine, it's still a 42 year old tractor. I don't have a back-up system in case it does break. I have been thinking that the most "practical" thing to do with the 8E would be to try to retrofit a nice Sears Suburban cutting deck that I have out in a shed on it.

Hope you all get the repairs done and get back to having some fun with your old tractors!

DAC

• KennyP, oldedeeres, Sawdust and 2 others have said thanks