• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Countryboo OFFLINE  

Countryboo
  • Member No: 84003
  • 134 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 10:34 PM

This is a lawn tractor that I got myself for Father's Day & texted the kids a pic of it & sId Thanks for My Father's Day gift. ;-) ( and to save there money). I got it at a yard sale. Had a fuel leak in the line; so I changed the line & filter. The it started leaking from the carb, so I'm gonna install a fuel shut off. I cut my front yard with it & it looks good. I have sharpened the blades now & when the grass dries I'll try them. ( Tropical Storm Cindy started moving in today). The guy at the yard sale said that it has been sitting in a storage shed for about 9 years. The best that I can determine is it's a 1987 Craftsman before the Craftsman II came out. The deck is in good condition no rust (maybe so surface), but it starts, runs & mows good. I would like to have a manual to check everything out. I did find online about an aluminum cylinder.
Model# 917.254271
Serial# 0417S02963
Everything seems to work on this one. If anybody knows anything about this model info would be greatly appreciated...... thanks
  • Oldford said thank you

#2 Countryboo OFFLINE  

Countryboo
  • Member No: 84003
  • 134 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 10:47 PM

I'm trying to upload the only pic that I have, but it's not working. Maybe I can figure it out tomorrow.
I think I might have it. Kenny I'm posting this from my phone so you might have to adjust it for me. Thanks!!!
This is the only pic that I have right now.

post-84003-0-68121900-1498189586.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4697.JPG

Edited by KennyP, June 23, 2017 - 04:49 AM.
Adjust Gravity

• KennyP said thank you

#3 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 1,133 Thanks
  • 785 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 11:30 AM

Nice lookin tractor and story.  There are still some of those being used near me and where i live it is hard on lawn tractors, lots of wet grass and rough side hills.  I had a gt version of that, it was a good one.

sometimes you can just clean out the carb, hold open the float and spray some cleaner up in the needle and seat, also compressed air, might quit leaking.  new needle and seat is usually pretty easy to do if you can find one.

I used to get parts right from sears

http://www.searspart...Term=917.254271

Here is a manual for a similar model

https://www.manualsl...917-254274.html

BUT i have never downloaded from that site so do not know if it is safe for the computer.  I would just look up the part# on searsonline and try an ebay search, some of the stuff you can find cheaper and sears charges a lot for shipping airc, good luck

• Countryboo said thank you