Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone in mid-atlantic area that does full restorations?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 krvangilder OFFLINE  

krvangilder
  • Member No: 87407
  • 2 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 02:04 PM

I have a 1050 that was my father's and it needs some work. I have lots of fond memories using it as a kid. I don't have the necessary tools, equipment, expertise or time to do a restoration my self. I would love to find someone in the mid-atlantic area that would be interested in doing a full restoration. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

• hamman and Jazz have said thanks

#2 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,169 Thanks
  • 2,776 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 02:44 PM

Good luck and if it happens please share the before and after pictures with us. Welcome to the forum.                                                                      Roger

#3 tiretrx ONLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 1,605 Thanks
  • 1,019 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 03:03 PM

Can't help with the resto, but welcome to GTT!

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,437 Thanks
  • 8,471 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 10:09 PM

Welcome to GTT. It may be difficult to find someone to do a good restoration. It is alot of work and usually costs more than the tractor will be worth. Ignore what the unreality shows say. Very seldom do we make money on a restoration. That is why I will only do them for myself. It is easy to spend $1000 dollars on a restoration and the sale price would only be $1200. I do it for the love of the machines.

That said, you need to evaluate the current condition of the tractor. Please post pics. It may only need a good cleaning and some repairs. Yours is a "heritage" tractor so consider saving the original paint if it isn't too bad. Good Luck, Rick
  • Bolens 1000, TomLGT195 and Jazz have said thanks