• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bolensqt17 OFFLINE  

bolensqt17
  • Member No: 9613
  • 27 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 11:37 AM

We have aquired a 64 MW Squire 10 (simplicity made) Everything seems to be original except at some point someone decided to rattle can a paint job on it. Runs great, deck is in good shape etc... So my question is does anyone know what color gold goes back on this tractor? Would like to shoot it as close as possible. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• boone.png
  • boone1.png

• boyscout862 and chieffan have said thanks

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,203 Thanks
  • 2,280 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 12:29 PM

Very cool find!  That's a tough to find specimen, especially with hydrolift.  When I restored my Squire 9, I had VanSickle color match to one of the drawbar links, because it had nice original color.  It's available now through TISCO dealers in aerosol, quart and gallon.  I also removed and sent in my decals to Vintage Reproductions (clickitandstickit.com), and they reproduced them for the Squire 9 and 10 tractors.

VanSickle can't fulfill direct retail orders, and needs the paint ordered through TISCO...here's their instructions to me:

"Please contact TISCO @ 800-335-0145 and reference product number CML 2005 Simplicity / Montgomery Ward Tan Metallic"

• boyscout862, bolensqt17, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#3 bolensqt17 OFFLINE  

bolensqt17
  • 27 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 04:13 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I absolutley love this little tractor. We have the 101 and B10 that match it but for some reason this one is my favorite of the 3 I guess because its the least common. The hydrolift is and awesome feature especially since that's how it came and the Briggs runs like its brand new. I don't think it has a whole lot of hours on it and its just a matter or getting the correct paint on this thing and we are done with it. The tires don't even show any signs of dry checking so we are even going to stick with those. I will have my husband call the number since he is the paint guy and see what we can't get done. I really appreciate your help.
  • boyscout862 and KC9KAS have said thanks

#4 bolensqt17 OFFLINE  

bolensqt17
  • 27 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted August 02, 2017 - 10:33 AM

Ok. So I have finally gotten around to calling the number about the paint for the Squire 10. I think they must have changed their number or something because its wanting me to take a bunch of survey's? I never could get ahold of anyone with that number. Do you possible have another number? Any help would be great. Thanks

#5 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,396 Thanks
  • 1,845 posts

Posted August 02, 2017 - 02:11 PM

(800) 677-2468 is Van Sickle's toll free number. I'd give them a shout and see if they can point you in the right direction

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b10, 101