• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Clint OFFLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 425 Thanks
  • 304 posts

Posted June 21, 2017 - 10:55 PM

I recently got a lead from Panzerguy about a Pennsylvania dump cart that was offered to him for sale a few years prior. He told me he wasn't too keen on the asking price and just kept the number and contact information for safe keeping. I had expressed an interest in finding a nice original condition cart or accessory for my Panzer collection. He kindly passed on the owner's name. I was able to get in contact with him. He said he was pretty busy that week, but he still had it. He said it was bought new by his father-in-law and when he passed at an early age it just sat in a shed, unused but protected; waiting for a collector to come along. The owner said I just may be that guy! I was anxious to say the least. Wondering if and when he would get back to me with the ever waited pictures. He sent me these few photos. He said he even had the original assembly instructions! Folks, I was STOKED!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

As you can see, the pictures had very low light and not the best resolution. He said the pictures didn't do this cart justice and promised it was MUCH nicer in person he just wasn't able to get better photos at this time. Now the hard part! I live in IL, not far across the river from St. Louis MO. He lives in PA! I told him I just couldn't justify a 12.5 hour drive at a little over 800 mile trip to PA for a garden cart and asked if he'd possibly ship it. He said he had never done that but was open to the idea. He said the cart was very awkward and didn't know how he'd get it to fit on a pallet. I asked if he could disassemble it and bag up all of the parts. He agreed and folks, I gotta say my heart went about a mile a minute! He shot me a price and the approximate weight and size to get a shipping quote. It was higher than I wanted to pay when I got the quote, but when I saw the photos once it was in the daylight I jumped at it!

Here are the pictures of the cart and how carefully he disassembled and packaged it to drop off at Fastenal for me. Dave, if you find yourself on here, I appreciate the sale and will take good care of the cart. And as for the guy who got Dave and I together to make this deal happen, I have to extend a great big THANK YOU to my good friend, Al!

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

• Alc, KennyP, TomLGT195 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 4,864 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted June 21, 2017 - 11:55 PM

Man, I bet you are stoked! It's great to come across something like that in excellent original condition. Good for you.
  • Clint said thank you

#3 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 6,056 Thanks
  • 3,325 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 05:41 AM

Nice score well done
  • Clint said thank you

#4 karel OFFLINE  

karel
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,891 Thanks
  • 1,273 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 05:52 AM

How much did you pay for it.

#5 sharkman OFFLINE  

sharkman
  • Member No: 34759
  • 305 Thanks
  • 244 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 07:57 AM

You don't see them very often!

#6 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 1,134 Thanks
  • 786 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 03:57 PM

Real nice cart and story.  thanks for sharing.  I really prefer stuff in "original" or "unrestored" condition, yours looks real nice.  In these times of change it is good to see an old-fashioned GTT thread where money isn't as important as informed collectors being happy with their finds, then sharing the story here.

• KennyP and Clint have said thanks

#7 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 814 Thanks
  • 483 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 07:40 PM

I recently got a lead from Panzerguy about a Pennsylvania dump cart that was offered to him for sale a few years prior. He told me he wasn't too keen on the asking price and just kept the number and contact information for safe keeping. I had expressed an interest in finding a nice original condition cart or accessory for my Panzer collection. He kindly passed on the owner's name. I was able to get in contact with him. He said he was pretty busy that week, but he still had it. He said it was bought new by his father-in-law and when he passed at an early age it just sat in a shed, unused but protected; waiting for a collector to come along. The owner said I just may be that guy! I was anxious to say the least. Wondering if and when he would get back to me with the ever waited pictures. He sent me these few photos. He said he even had the original assembly instructions! Folks, I was STOKED!!!

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

As you can see, the pictures had very low light and not the best resolution. He said the pictures didn't do this cart justice and promised it was MUCH nicer in person he just wasn't able to get better photos at this time. Now the hard part! I live in IL, not far across the river from St. Louis MO. He lives in PA! I told him I just couldn't justify a 12.5 hour drive at a little over 800 mile trip to PA for a garden cart and asked if he'd possibly ship it. He said he had never done that but was open to the idea. He said the cart was very awkward and didn't know how he'd get it to fit on a pallet. I asked if he could disassemble it and bag up all of the parts. He agreed and folks, I gotta say my heart went about a mile a minute! He shot me a price and the approximate weight and size to get a shipping quote. It was higher than I wanted to pay when I got the quote, but when I saw the photos once it was in the daylight I jumped at it!

Here are the pictures of the cart and how carefully he disassembled and packaged it to drop off at Fastenal for me. Dave, if you find yourself on here, I appreciate the sale and will take good care of the cart. And as for the guy who got Dave and I together to make this deal happen, I have to extend a great big THANK YOU to my good friend, Al!

attachicon.gif5.jpg

attachicon.gif6.jpg

attachicon.gif7.jpg

attachicon.gif8.jpg

attachicon.gif9.jpg

attachicon.gif10.jpg

You are very welcome, Clint. I think I can also speak for Jim (Canawler) in saying that we're glad it went to a good home. Will let you know if any other Panzer gems cross my path. By the way, we met that guy at the Susquehanna Field Days show in Bainbridge, PA a couple years ago. I'm really surprized that he still had the cart. Wow - he wasn't BSing when he told us that thing was in very good original condition!

Al

• Clint said thank you

#8 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,943 Thanks
  • 1,801 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 10:11 PM

I think I can also speak for Jim (Canawler) in saying that we're glad it went to a good home... By the way, we met that guy at the Susquehanna Field Days show in Bainbridge, PA a couple years ago.

Al

Agreed
I totally forgot about that guy. This thread didn't ring a bell until you mentioned that. I didn't even realize you got his contact info.
  • Clint said thank you

#9 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 814 Thanks
  • 483 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 08:50 AM

Agreed
I totally forgot about that guy. This thread didn't ring a bell until you mentioned that. I didn't even realize you got his contact info.

Yeah - I wrote that down in case I ran into someone who might be interested in the cart then forgot all about it. Took me a while to find it because I wrote it down in the notebook I use for LAGT articles instead of on a seperate piece of paper. Anyway - all's well that ends well. Six of one - half a dozen of the other  :smilewink:

• Clint said thank you

#10 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,466 Thanks
  • 1,412 posts

Posted June 28, 2017 - 04:04 AM

Great, nice find . I'll post pic's of what I scored yesterday  later today !!!

• Clint said thank you