3 replies to this topic

#1 yzgrassy OFFLINE  

yzgrassy
  • Member No: 87403
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 21, 2017 - 06:40 PM

Hi,

I have a craftsman kohler command 15.5 hp mower.. model number  944.604250. This was sold in Canada and I think it was made by husqvarna even though the sales rep told me something different.

I bought this fall of '94 and I cannot remember if it was new old stock ('93 vintage) or I just got an end of year sale.

Unfortunately, my deck is just about rotted out. I usedf tio pull it , panit it and store it in the basement before life because overwhelming where the minimums had to do...

I just found the same ish tractor ..dead engine..  model number 944.607045 ..not a bad deck.

I cannot find either manuals to tell me if the mower decks are interchangeable.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks, Ian.

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,608 Thanks
  • 8,574 posts

Posted June 21, 2017 - 09:33 PM

Welcome to GTT. Did you check our Manuals Section for the manual that you want? Good Luck, Rick

#3 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,177 Thanks
  • 2,870 posts

Posted June 21, 2017 - 09:39 PM

Alot of the time it's easier to swap the engine into the other tractor. 

The deck MIGHT fit. It's the same 60 series mower built by Husqvarna (944 indicates it is Husqvarna built) but the same-ish tractor is a 97 year model and your old tractor is indeed a 94 year by the date code in the model number.

Last 4 digits are the date. 4250 = September 7, 1994 (4 = year 84,94,04 ect) (250 is day of the year) and the newer one 7045 = February 14,1997.

Alot can change in 3-4 years. Even in the same Series.

Easiest way to determine is Pull both decks and sit them side by side and look at all the mounting points and PTO.

Does both mowers have the same PTO? Both have Manual or Electric PTO?

If 1 tractor has manual PTO and 1 has Electric PTO the deck off of the one will not work on the other without some modification.

I had 2 Troy Bilt mowers that was only 2 years apart and the deck off of the newer one would not work unless I swapped the front axle over. The front mount was diferent but the rear mounts were identical.

Edited by EricFromPa, June 21, 2017 - 09:44 PM.

#4 yzgrassy OFFLINE  

yzgrassy
  • Member No: 87403
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 22, 2017 - 04:44 PM

Thanks...  I will be going to look at it this weekend I hope. I shall take my deck with me.

Yes, I checked..no manuals for me there...

Fingers crossed..