Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Bolens medium frame attachment interchangeability?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TimW OFFLINE  

TimW
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 401 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted June 20, 2017 - 09:53 AM

I am sure this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find it.  Does the attachments for the long run of medium frame tractors, such as the Q series, Eliminator, and maybe even the Duratrac series interchange or did they make changes that did not allow compatibility?  

Thanks

Tim

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,366 Thanks
  • 5,789 posts

Posted June 20, 2017 - 10:10 AM

Medium frame attachment will fit medium frame tractors only.  Q series in not a medium frame, not positive on the Duratrac or Eliminator.  I believe the Eliminator is not a series but a marketing name used - Eliminates the hard work. 

• boyscout862 and TimW have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,417 Thanks
  • 8,451 posts

Posted June 20, 2017 - 11:14 AM

I've seen an interchange chart for Bolens tractors in our Manuals Section but, I believe it takes some searching to find it. Good Luck, Rick

• TimW said thank you

#4 Doug E. OFFLINE  

Doug E.
  • Member No: 78641
  • 197 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted June 20, 2017 - 11:20 AM

Bolens literature treats them as 3 different series.

A few things do cross over somewhat, mainly the snowblowers and front blades, but you still have to have the correct sub frame to mount them to that is particular to each series of tractor. 

The medium frames require that you take off the PTO and replace it with a "mule drive" to handle the belt to the mower deck.  I believe the other two are both shaft drive to the mower deck. 

I suspect you could adapt a tiller from any one to another, if you were unable to find the correct tiller.  The Q series attaches the tiller to the axle, the medium frame and the 5000 series have adaptor plates bolted to the frame to attach the tiller.  I have had a difficult time finding a tiller for the medium frame or 5000 series that included the driveshaft and the adaptor plates. 

In the last several years I have seen only a couple of each series for sale in my area.  We had an active Bolens dealer here, but none of these show up often.  I have had better success buying a package than buying a tractor and trying to fill in what I need afterwards, but you take what you can get. 

The list of attachments for the medium frame tractors is much larger then for the other two series, but I sure don't see much for sale around here!  I suspect that when a tractor gets sold, especially in an estate sale, a minimal amount of the parts and pieces get sold with the tractors, and the rest gets thrown away. 

Regards,

Doug

• TimW said thank you

#5 Cnc ONLINE  

Cnc
  • Member No: 86139
  • 32 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted June 20, 2017 - 01:52 PM

This sticky pretty much says it all and I believe there is a link to the attachment interchangeably.
http://gardentractor...view=getnewpost

#6 TimW OFFLINE  

TimW
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 401 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted June 20, 2017 - 06:38 PM

I may be confused, but what is the QT17 considered?  

#7 Doug E. OFFLINE  

Doug E.
  • Member No: 78641
  • 197 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted June 20, 2017 - 07:38 PM

Tim,

The QS16, QT16, QT17, and 1900 are all part of the "Q" series.  The QS16 is model number 1660, the 1900 is model 1966, and the other two are both 1666, and have  build numbers from 1 to 11.

Regards,

Doug

• TimW said thank you