Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Pressed End Link Removal

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobross419 OFFLINE  

  • Member
  • Member No: 86568
  • 4 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted June 20, 2017 - 07:42 AM

I'm in the process of doing a full tear down on my Toro 935 and came across a few end links that I need to deal with.  I plan to powder coat the parts that these are connected to, so I would like to remove them.


I haven't been able to find any information on what these are called or how I might go about removing them.  I haven't taken the ring cover off yet either since I'm unsure I'll be able to find replacements.


Any info on these?


I think there is a ball pressed in there.  I have some grease fittings that seem to be done the same way (can't screw them out).

Attached Thumbnails

  • Image uploaded from iOS (20).jpg

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 10,422 Thanks
  • 6,745 posts
  • Location: SW Iowa

Posted June 20, 2017 - 10:14 AM

Believe those are non-removable ball joints.  Not meant to be taken apart,  The rubber is a dirt seal to keep dirt out of the joint.  Lot of the grease fittings were drive in fittings.  Paint them and scrape the paint off the tip before you grease it next time.  Millions of those around.

  • Bolens 1000 and bobross419 have said thanks

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

    DR. Bolens

  • Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 15,145 Thanks
  • 18,191 posts
  • Location: Western NY

Posted June 20, 2017 - 12:46 PM

If theres no threads on the end of the ball joint then its a one piece link which means the whole assembly needs to be replaced

  • bobross419 said thank you