• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 09:41 AM

So you need 16" to 20" cylinders?

Not checked geometry of all that yet, but being the outfit won't be that heavy, I'd think I can use shorter link arms off the riggers & do fine with much shorter cylinders....wouldn't you think?

#122 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 09:43 AM

I think so, the shorter the better in my opinion.

#123 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 10:40 AM

It's hard to describe, but the pinned down riggers go straight back.  The tractor tires will be behind the cross frame of the hoe.  Oh well, here's a crude diagram on the pic.  I will set the down riggers to hinge at 45 degree or so.  This will put the cylinder (blue) underneath.  The riggers will only need to come up level to frame for transport mode, so the stroke wouldn't need to be more than 12" or less, depending on the length of my link arm.  Pink & green being pin points.

Caddigger.jpg

• Texas Deere and Horse, IamSherwood and KennyP have said thanks

#124 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 06:03 PM

Oops, looked at rotation wrong.  I will need to drive the pump off the crankshaft end of engine (front of hood next to grill), or get another pump, which I hate to spend more money.  I am hoping I can change rotation of the pump I have, as I need the space up front for the battery and an alternator, as my synchrowave stator is fried.

#125 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 11:22 AM

Today I fired up the old 720 & drove it to the shop.  I swapped out the rear wheel assemblies with the WIDE ags I had on the Allis 620.  May be selling the 620 soon, so put the original "zig-zag" tires back on the 620.  The super wide ags will be great for the 620 if I ever get to make it into a devoted backhoe unit.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#126 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • Member No: 60783
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 06:38 PM

Let me know when you sell the 620 I want a chance at it

#127 steve 720 OFFLINE  

steve 720
  • Member No: 66156
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 01:18 PM

I'd have to say most common was mowing with their 60" decks. Most have the wide Good Year flotation tires like on mine, and they were mainly for mowing. The other option was 16x8 rims with ag tires & 12" rims with tri-ribs up front. They were for garden plowing & the like. When the time comes that I can afford, I would like to put 29x12.50x15 ags on the rear of this. These may be absolutely too wide to plow as they would nowhere near squeeze into even a 12" plow furrow. These flotations are 31x15.50x15.

I have a 72 in deck , with ag. tires on mine. It was used for landscaping on large apt. bldgings. when I found it in a barn, it took me 3 years to get it from a friend. I just put chains on in winter ,it goes great for plowing snow. Does anyone know how to solve the kik back on the steering ?

#128 steve 720 OFFLINE  

steve 720
  • Member No: 66156
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 01:22 PM

Got her all pressured up with oil, then even fired her up off carb spray. Then no more time to piddle with it. Then while sitting eating lunch, it came to me that I forgot to align the pin into the governor, so the flywheel & timing cover have to come back off! Doesn't pay to get in a hurry! :wallbanging::wallbanging: :wallbanging::wallbanging:

I'm a retired mechanic  "chev" , I have often woke in the morning with the answer to a problem. thanks to the sub conscious !