#92 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 10:42 AM

Nice stack Dan. I like those small AC and IH mufflers for this.

#93 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4529
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 05:46 PM

Uncle, I give, white flag, or whatever.....it's just too danged hot to work on my GT's right now! Can't keep sweat out of my eyes, can't think straight....just plain miserable! On top of that, now the 720's starter is acting weird and won't crank her over. I put known good battery cables, plus my boost box on her & no better. Looks like I'll have to pull the engine to get at the starter!:wallbanging::wallbanging: I pray for a COOL DOWN!

olcow, just to rub more dirt in the wounds:bounce: i'm sitting here on charelston lake at a friends cottage enjoying the shade with a few cold drinks:smile1: the only drag is i'm using a black berry for interweb access.
from what i can see in the fingernail pics looks real good. i like the way those allis's were shaped. the only one i have seen around these parts was green. still a very nice small tractor.

#94 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 02:00 PM

olcow, just to rub more dirt in the wounds:bounce: i'm sitting here on charelston lake at a friends cottage enjoying the shade with a few cold drinks:smile1: the only drag is i'm using a black berry for interweb access.
from what i can see in the fingernail pics looks real good. i like the way those allis's were shaped. the only one i have seen around these parts was green. still a very nice small tractor.

That's ok, rub away. Today it's just in the 70's with some rain. Nice day for a day off! Heading to the shop to put a tube in that rear going down all the time on the 720.

#95 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 02:22 PM

Great looking exhaust, but don't get too fancy or I won't be able to afford it.:D

Did you get that starting issue resolved?

#96 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 04:02 PM

Dang if it didn't turn out to be a hard job tubing the Allis! The wide rim won't fit on my tire changer, so had to improvise. Intended to just bust one bead and work the tube in. So I broke the bead and felt in & around the tire best I could reach.,,,,didn't find anything wrong, but then couldn't reach the center of the treadline. So I slip in the tube & air her up............woosh out comes the air! So I pull the tube & find a hole right in the center of the treadline....then only spot I couldn't feel of! :wallbanging:
So now I have to take the tire completely off with a changer that won't work right. Took an hour to fight the tire off the rim. Pulled out the headless nail(yes, I inspected the outside of tire beforehand), cleaned the tire really well, then put the tire w/tube back in. Finally finished. I think I'll take it for a drive to Fred's!

#97 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 04:58 PM

Did you patch the tube?

#98 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 04:59 PM

Looking good Daniel. There was an Allis for sale locally a couple of weeks ago. It was a 919. I was tempted to go look at it but I just don't have the time or space right now. I hate it when a simple job like tubing a tire turns into a knuckle bustin, head scratchin all day job. It always feels good when you are done though!

#99 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 07:58 PM

Went to drive the 720 to Fred's, but kept having running problems. I could see by the clear fuel filter that no fuel was being pumped. Pulled the line from the filter & the line into the tank was stopped solid....no blowing it out without compressed air. So put the fuel line directly down into the tank fuel cap neck & drove back home & blew out the line & took off to Fred's again. Fred was apparently napping, so drove on back home. Went to test the hydro's power up a steep grass embankment at home & it quit pulling. Right then I realized I had never put on new drive belts, so looked down & seen one of the "link belts" had come off. The other was stretched to where the tensioner couldn't tighten it. Had to put it in bulldog to get back up the drive to my house, but made it finally. Called TSC & they had 2 of the 1/2x24 belts in Kevlar, so just got back from snagging them. If things go well milking in the morning, I'll mount the belts afterward.
I will soon have to acid clean this fuel tank & put Kreem sealer/liner in it.

#100 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 07:26 PM

Snapped a couple pics with hood back on & dirt washed off a bit. New drive belts are in & doing good. Best test it to see how it handles a plow.

DSC05554.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC05556.jpg

#101 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 04:33 AM

Nice pics. I like your decal on the left side of the hood. Is this a 'stock' decal?:confuse:

#102 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 08:45 AM

Nice pics. I like your decal on the left side of the hood. Is this a 'stock' decal?:confuse:

Here's what a nice one looks like!

AllisChalmers720.jpg

#103 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 08:54 AM

That thing looks to have room for a extra motor under the hood in front of the stock one.

#104 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 10:06 AM

Daniel, What are those rear tires. They look like a cross between an AG tire and a Turf. That is the kind of compromise I need. AG's are just no good in the winter when plowing and Turfs are useless in the sandy stuff.

#105 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 11:06 AM

Daniel, What are those rear tires. They look like a cross between an AG tire and a Turf. That is the kind of compromise I need. AG's are just no good in the winter when plowing and Turfs are useless in the sandy stuff.

They were used pretty much exclusively by Allis & Simplicity for the "Powermax" series. They are Good Year, "Xtra Trac" Terra Tire. 31x15.50x15 I don't think they are available any longer.

Edited by olcowhand, August 09, 2011 - 11:16 AM.