Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

New here, tell me about my tractor please?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 otis24 OFFLINE  

otis24
  • Member No: 87232
  • 15 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hi, all! New to the forum. I just purchased an M-F 1200 garden tractor. It will be used primarily to push snow in the South Dakota winters (provided that I can find a blade for it). There is a guy here in South Dakota that sells all kinds of used tractor parts on ebay. I've already perused the sticky here for belt cross-reference. Here is the info on my tractor: M-F 1200, Series: 2413, Serial Number: 002848

It has the Kohler engine. What year was it produced? It has a tiller attachment and mower deck. I think that i have figured out how to attach the mower deck. Where can i find info on how to hook up the tiller? Any printed guides? What type of blade will attach to this for pushing snow?

Pics to follow soon.
  • MFDAC, oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,168 Thanks
  • 8,884 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 01:27 AM

Welcome to GTT. That is a good tractor. You can find the manuals for it in our Manuals Section. They may be under MF or Snapper. You can download several for free per day.

If you want to remove snow, keep the snow blower option open. Look at a winter cab for comfort too. Tell us more when you post pics. Ask when you have questions. Good Luck, Rick

• oldedeeres, Sawdust and stiemmy have said thanks

#3 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,462 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 02:10 AM

Welcome. If you click on the forums tab at the top of this page, go down the page until you find "Lawn & Garden Tractors by Make". Go down that list until you find "Massey, Snapper, AMF Tractor forum" and click on that. You will find many many pages of posts about tractors like and similar to yours. With a little random reading you can then pick out names and specific comments to use to search that forum. In this way you can find reference to repairs, restorations, and modifications that could prove to be of interest. It you comment on or ask questions about what you find many of the people who made the original post are still around and will likely respond. Look around and enjoy the sight. Don Lewis   

• MH81, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 3 others have said thanks

#4 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 03:39 AM

Welcome. If you click on the forums tab at the top of this page, go down the page until you find "Lawn & Garden Tractors by Make". Go down that list until you find "Massey, Snapper, AMF Tractor forum" and click on that. You will find many many pages of posts about tractors like and similar to yours. With a little random reading you can then pick out names and specific comments to use to search that forum. In this way you can find reference to repairs, restorations, and modifications that could prove to be of interest. It you comment on or ask questions about what you find many of the people who made the original post are still around and will likely respond. Look around and enjoy the sight. Don Lewis   

X2!!!!!

WELCOME to the site!!!

Poke around a little, don't be shy, lot's of good folk, and lots of good stuff here!  

Edited by stiemmy, June 17, 2017 - 03:40 AM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 5,431 Thanks
  • 3,285 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 06:14 AM

Welcome to GTtalk glad to have you. Sounds like you got a nice rig to work with. Looking forward to your pics & keep us posted.

#6 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 819 Thanks
  • 683 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 07:57 AM

Welcome to the site!!   The MF line isnt well supported in the aftermarket like some of the other brands like JD, Wheelhorse and IH Cub Cadet.  Read up the Massey/Snapper forum and search ebay.  Your online sources both here and ebay, along with your local Craigslist are the best sources for Massey stuff.  They are a neat looking tractor and not as common to see all restored and still in use.  While that can be a challenge with finding attachments, like the rear sleeve hitchs and snowthrowers.  They are out there waiting to be found.    Mike

#7 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 4,478 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 10:16 AM

Welcome aboard, otis24. As you may have heard, we all like pictures!

#8 otis24 OFFLINE  

otis24
  • 15 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 11:59 AM

Pics of my Massey

Attached Thumbnails

• KIMG0101.jpg
  • KIMG0103.jpg
  • KIMG0100.jpg
  • KIMG0099.jpg

• DMAX, MH81, Alc and 7 others have said thanks

#9 otis24 OFFLINE  

otis24
  • 15 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 12:02 PM

I think that I have figured out how to attach the tiller and the front PTO atchment. Just need to find time to get out and tinker. Quick question, the rear drive looks like it is a double pulley. Does this take two belts? Are they the same belt for each side?

#10 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,720 Thanks
  • 4,220 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 12:07 PM

:welcometogttalk:

#11 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,866 Thanks
  • 1,099 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 03:12 PM

Nice looking tractor!

#12 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 3,016 Thanks
  • 1,520 posts

Posted June 17, 2017 - 08:36 PM

Hi, all! New to the forum. I just purchased an M-F 1200 garden tractor. It will be used primarily to push snow in the South Dakota winters (provided that I can find a blade for it). There is a guy here in South Dakota that sells all kinds of used tractor parts on ebay. I've already perused the sticky here for belt cross-reference. Here is the info on my tractor: M-F 1200, Series: 2413, Serial Number: 002848

It has the Kohler engine. What year was it produced? It has a tiller attachment and mower deck. I think that i have figured out how to attach the mower deck. Where can i find info on how to hook up the tiller? Any printed guides? What type of blade will attach to this for pushing snow?

Pics to follow soon.

Hello Otis, and welcome from Western South Dakota! I don't know a darn thing about your series of MF tractors but have a MF12G and a MF8E. That's a great looking tractor you have there!

Well, since you are in Chamberlain that still (just barely) makes me the only member from Western South Dakota----LOL! There's a handful of East River members here.

DAC

Edited by MFDAC, June 17, 2017 - 08:37 PM.

#13 otis24 OFFLINE  

otis24
  • 15 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 18, 2017 - 06:00 PM

Thanks, MFDAC! This tractor actually came from Rapid City. Found it on Craigslist. $600 for everything!
  • Cvans and MFDAC have said thanks

#14 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 3,016 Thanks
  • 1,520 posts

Posted June 18, 2017 - 06:57 PM

Thanks, MFDAC! This tractor actually came from Rapid City. Found it on Craigslist. $600 for everything!

Good score! every now and then an MF tractor comes up on Rapid City CL but they are few and far between. I imagine you have already searched the manual section for more info about your 1200? Good luck finding a blade.

I have never tried to use the snow thrower that came with my MF12G. The way the wind blows out here snow throwers cause mini blizzards. I don't know how the wind can blow out of every direction at once! It doesn't seem to matter if I try to aim the chute down wind, it still ends up in my face!

DAC

• Cvans said thank you

#15 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,281 Thanks
  • 5,985 posts

Posted June 18, 2017 - 07:06 PM

:welcometogttalk:

You have a nice looking tractor there. Saw one sell at an auction in Webster SD. that wasn't nearly as nice as yours and it brought gold. So I'd say you got a good deal. 

I have never tried to use the snow thrower that came with my MF12G. The way the wind blows out here snow throwers cause mini blizzards. 

Here in Eastern SD we have a thing called a cab that really helps.  :smilewink:

• MFDAC and Leonard VanCamp have said thanks