• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 4,750 Thanks
  • 2,088 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 01:13 PM

I picked up some carb parts this morning to get this thing going. The carb was actually in pretty good shape, but wouldn't pull fuel from the tank. With the carb cleaned and rebuilt, it runs like a top. It smoked like a hippie at the Woodstock festival, but it cleared up a bit after running it a while. Anyway, I throttled it up to engage the blades and everything worked fine. On this tinker toy, you have to push on the clutch to make it go. Well I left my foot off the clutch and put it in gear. The darn thing took off and kept going when I pushed in the clutch, HA!. I popped it into nutral to stop the thing, but I had to see how it mowed. I throttled it down with the blades still engaged and popped it into forward gear. It mows just fine and it's basically like riding a push mower. I have to pull the deck and get the belt adjusted right, so I don't wreck it. What a goof mowing with this thing.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170616_134209-1.jpg
  • 20170616_134235.jpg

• Gtractor, hamman, KennyP and 8 others have said thanks

#2 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 4,750 Thanks
  • 2,088 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 01:15 PM

I had to turn the antlers over to get a better grip and more leg room.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170616_134227.jpg

• olcowhand, hamman and KennyP have said thanks

#3 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,969 Thanks
  • 1,442 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 02:27 PM

I see alot of these for sale on Craigslist with the decks pulled off being sold for kids to ride around on.
there was one for sale local (was a really nice restored one) last year I stopped with the 8 year old and within a few minutes he said no, I will stick with my panzer, I think he made the right choice

Edited by jabelman, June 16, 2017 - 02:28 PM.

• classic said thank you

#4 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 4,750 Thanks
  • 2,088 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 03:40 PM

The Panzer is a better choice for sure, smart kid Jay! This thing basically fell in my lap, so I just had to get it running to try it out. The drive belt is green, so it was probably replaced with a belt that is too short. I'll see if I can adjust more slack in the belt so that it doesn't move with the clutch disengaged. I wouldn't want to have to mow every week with this thing, but I guess it was better than a push mower back in the day. Anyway, it was a goof to actually try it out, but now it's back to restoring the Page tractor. Oh, I couldn't believe that the mower shop up the road had the carb parts and air filter for it in stock. They had to do a little digging, though.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170616_121824-1.jpg

Edited by classic, June 16, 2017 - 03:43 PM.

• KennyP said thank you