Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 7,456 Thanks
  • 6,466 posts

Posted May 23, 2018 - 10:57 AM

Good information:iagree:

Just to let others know, the mounting frame for my loader does not go back to the differential and I have had no problems at all. It is used almost daily without issues. Mine is 2" x 2" x 1/4" square tubing. If your considering attaching a backhoe then yes by all means extend your frame to the differential. 

A commercial pump mount is well worth the money. 

• mmmmmdonuts said thank you

#77 pryan05 OFFLINE  

pryan05

LGT

• Member No: 84973
  • 688 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted May 27, 2018 - 08:00 AM

Nice build!  Thank you for sharing, that is one of those bucket list projects for my tractors.  I have most of the stuff except time.  A video would be great!  Good job!

#78 mmmmmdonuts OFFLINE  

mmmmmdonuts
  • Member No: 85466
  • 138 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted May 28, 2018 - 07:23 PM

Thank you. Still working on getting a video up. Been using it quite a bit and not enough time to film.

First task major task is after excavation of a pool is moving 4 yards into the pool and move the rest of the 16 yards of this pile to level some ground.

rps20180528_201823.jpg

Additionally, I broke the first thing today...and it wasn't the FEL. Instead it was the 3pt hitch where it mounts. I hit a tree root in the yard with an empty bucket and my I had to dismount my weight after. Sheared right through A steel plate. Got to think one how to fix it or if I just make my own plate and sandwich it through the bolts. I did have around 400lbs on it though.

rps20180528_201535.jpg

Edited by mmmmmdonuts, May 28, 2018 - 07:31 PM.

• olcowhand, Alc, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#79 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 7,456 Thanks
  • 6,466 posts

Posted May 28, 2018 - 10:54 PM

How much weight are you carrying on the back?

#80 mmmmmdonuts OFFLINE  

mmmmmdonuts
  • 138 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted May 29, 2018 - 08:11 AM

I had probably around 350-400lbs. I don't know if that was too much for the 3pt hitch or not. I did have less just the 3 blocks which was about 160-170 lbs give or take and then doubled the block and used a steel cargo carrier. I think it was the dynamic load that did it on hitting a bump. The problem with the plate is the holes are right at the end of the plate leaving maybe 1/8-1/4 steel before the edge.
  • Cvans said thank you

#81 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 7,456 Thanks
  • 6,466 posts

Posted May 29, 2018 - 09:32 AM

I'd have to look but I think there are five 35 pound weights on the back of mine but the tires might be loaded. I know they used to be. 

#82 mmmmmdonuts OFFLINE  

mmmmmdonuts
  • 138 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted May 29, 2018 - 10:10 AM

My tires are loaded and I have wheel weights with Ags. Honestly the biggest problem I have been running into has been traction in my yard where I have been working. It is very wet and muddy because it is almost like a valley especially after it rains. I am working on spreading out some fill to get rid of it. When I have been going up the hill with a load my tires may start to spin. When I added the extra counter-balance it helped tremendously with that until it broke.

I have debated grabbing the European diamond type chains to help further possibly. I was really hoping to avoid chains because I figured I would be using it a fair amount on pavement as well.

I run chains on my other tractor with turfs just to mow the lawn. I was hoping the Ags would help in the mud.

Edited by mmmmmdonuts, May 29, 2018 - 12:00 PM.

#83 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 7,456 Thanks
  • 6,466 posts

Posted May 29, 2018 - 01:11 PM

I'm running the double link chains on mine and they stay on all year around. No problems with the grass and the only time they seem to be an issue on the concrete is when the rear tires spin on dry a dry surface. 

• SupplySergeant and mmmmmdonuts have said thanks

#84 mmmmmdonuts OFFLINE  

mmmmmdonuts
  • 138 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted May 29, 2018 - 01:30 PM

You run turfs right?

On tirechains.com I was looking at the DUO or European, just because of the Ags. They don't recommend the DUO for hard surfaces. Just trying to figure out which would be better.

I also got to double check my clearance to make sure I can fit the chains.

Edited by mmmmmdonuts, May 29, 2018 - 01:33 PM.

#85 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 7,456 Thanks
  • 6,466 posts

Posted May 29, 2018 - 05:32 PM

Yep, the tires that came on it. 

#86 mmmmmdonuts OFFLINE  

mmmmmdonuts
  • 138 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted June 04, 2018 - 08:32 AM

Checked my clearances and right now chains I don't think will work since I only have 1/2" at best between the sidewall and the subframe. I think I am going to pick up wheel spacers to gain an inch or two of clearance for the chains. I also hope it helps with stability. I think the ford mustang/ranger spacers will work but they are 1/2-20 instead of 7/16, so I will need some adjustment.

Can I stack wheel weights outward? Or am I better looking for an inside weight?

#87 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 7,456 Thanks
  • 6,466 posts

Posted June 04, 2018 - 09:06 AM

As far I know you can stack them. The farther out they are the more stable your tractor. 

#88 mmmmmdonuts OFFLINE  

mmmmmdonuts
  • 138 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted June 04, 2018 - 12:57 PM

Alright. Would that help with traction as well?

I still have a more pressing issue with my counterweight as well. I welded a bolt back into the plate where it snapped off and it snapped off in the same spot again. I am going to look at getting a thicker plate with more room around the bolt holes possibly and see if that solves my problem.

• Cvans said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens, loader, fel, troy bilt, gtx, pf engineering