Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Need opinion on a Plastic King (Snapper)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,823 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted June 15, 2017 - 07:01 PM

Hi Ok plastic King persons give me your opinion of this Plastic (Snapper) King, what would be a reasonable offer?

Are the hood panels on this tractor fiberglass or ABS?

https://minneapolis....6176738094.html

• Sawdust said thank you

#2 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,536 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted June 15, 2017 - 10:55 PM

Id be leary of the engine without being sure lifters are the issue on the motor.

Says he knows what the panels are worth, makes me think it's one that can't be bought at a resonable price, besides, they look faded to me.

And lastly, a small engine shop that has no time...ok! Where did the seller find time to post the lawn art thats been obviously sitting neglected in his backyard rusting?

I'd say he's gonna want more that I'd pay. Looks like it has potential, Id call and ask what they are in the ballpark on it price wise, may save ya a trip??

Good luck either way;)

Edited by stiemmy, June 15, 2017 - 10:55 PM.

• Sawdust and MNGB have said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,490 Thanks
  • 7,843 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 02:00 AM

I have same. Plastic parts break when looked at wrong ! Once they age, kinda get brittle. If in weather is worse. Mission has one side panel only, about $550 Each, last I asked. Not sure on engine problem, are good models usually. Hydro is way to go on these, stay away from manuals. No price mentioned. I would go high as $500, just because I like them, but that's just Me. I have two more as just chassis already, that's enuf.
  • stiemmy and MNGB have said thanks

#4 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • 1,823 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 07:43 AM

Good Morning, thanks stiemmy and glgrumpy, I agree with the both of you, the engine story doesn't add to me they are a shop that's their business and I would bet it has a broken rod  V twins rods often break at the journal and will run pretty nice on one cylinder but no power, how hard is it to drop in a couple of lifters?

Yes the hood assy has some value but it looks to me like its set out in the weather so they could be brittle and my thinking is if they sell the hood then there's really nothing left no engine very few of these tractors out there needing parts.

I will call one of these days and see what they want I'm about 180 mile from there.

• Sawdust and stiemmy have said thanks

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,490 Thanks
  • 7,843 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 01:58 PM

Pick that up and THEN I'll meet you for the Bolen's stuff trade! :smilewink:

• MNGB said thank you

#6 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,255 Thanks
  • 5,975 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 04:29 PM

I was looking at that when it was posted and was hoping someone closer would take a look and report back here. Would be interesting to get a non partial opinion of it. 

• Alc and MNGB have said thanks

#7 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 5,431 Thanks
  • 3,285 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 04:41 PM

I like it but he sounds like he would want a high price for it. If he has a high figure on the plastic can't imagine what he would want for the whole thing. I would offer around $400.maybe work up to $500. a non runner is always a risk no matter what they say is wrong with it.
  • Alc and MNGB have said thanks

#8 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • 1,823 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted June 20, 2017 - 05:13 PM

Hi all, well I called the seller this afternoon he talks so fast you can't get a word in, said he's had low ball offers of200/ 250.00 and said no said he had an offer of $600.00 but the guy doesn't have the money right now. Said he talked to Mission and they told him the plastic ( hood parts and seat pan) were worth $2000.00??? I asked about the engine he clains its the lifers says there is some compression on the one cylinder then says he doesn't have time to remove the engine to get the side cover off to replace the lifters, this I don't understand I think you can remove them by just removing the head and push rods, so I'm wondering if it has a bad cam.

I did not make an offer.

• Cvans said thank you

#9 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,506 Thanks
  • 9,812 posts

Posted June 20, 2017 - 08:22 PM

I don't blame you, that deal smells of mule muffins.
  • MNGB said thank you