#16 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 - 03:32 PM

It's a progressive thing. If they can't stop you that way, you go up to a heavier tractor that goes on front first. If they still can't stop you, then they turn the sled tractor around and go on rear first. FYI though, the track was really sticky this year and only the larger tractors (a Case LA and an Oliver Super 88 Diesel) actually moved it with larger sled tractor backwards! The next larger sled tractor up was a Farmall H. He stopped me (and MH81) dead in my tracks when the rear wheels hit the sled! The LA and the Super 88 also went one tractor higher to a Farmall Super M, and only when they went on rear first did they stop either one. It was a great time though!

Thanks for the response. I like the sound of that system.

They run the cub backwards once in a while. Usually they run a Farmall H either forwards or backwards, depending on the pulling tractor.

The driver is very good at keeping the weight tractor so there isn't any help or hindrance to the puller. In the other vids somewhere is an H pulling the H weight tractor. The hard part is when the whole tractor comes on the sled, like someone nails it to the ground...

Thanks for the videos

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 - 04:50 PM

Looks like you guys had a great turn out. I really liked seeing the videos. I like watching the farm sized tractors pull just as much as I like to watch the garden tractors.

#18 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,722 Thanks
  • 4,282 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 - 06:25 PM

I can personally say it was a nice freindly show. The pull was all for fun and it looked like everybody enjoyed themselves. I think it was the first time I've ever seen a big kids pedal pull! I took a few pictures but don't think i've got any that haven't already been covered. Hopefully, I can make it back next year for the garden tractor and orphan feature.

#19 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 - 09:25 PM

I can personally say it was a nice freindly show. The pull was all for fun and it looked like everybody enjoyed themselves. I think it was the first time I've ever seen a big kids pedal pull! I took a few pictures but don't think i've got any that haven't already been covered. Hopefully, I can make it back next year for the garden tractor and orphan feature.

We really enjoyed having you over for a visit Doug and will look forward to seeing you again next year if at all possible!

Member Sparky was there for a while on Saturday also and we enjoyed his company (as always) as well!

#20 scrapiron OFFLINE  

scrapiron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 5985
  • 1 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 11:11 PM

Thanks for those pics.