No replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 9,107 Thanks
  • 6,226 posts

Posted June 09, 2017 - 07:21 PM

Made about an hour & 20 min trip West for some shopping, stopped and looked over a Bolens package I have been in conversation with.  1055 by the plate with a G10 hood.  Re-motored with a 11 hp HF engine prior to the Predator name.  Tractor was ran into by a car on the owners service station drive.  No DL or Insurance.  Cracked the right rear casting and the left rear wheel is canted out in front and at the top.  Probably a bent rim but the rear end is junk anyway.  Soft cab needs some repair, stitching is coming out, back window is broke, etc.  Very repairable and serviceable.  Owner has and showed me a good gear box for the 42" black deck.  Deck was stashed behind some other stuff so didn't dig it out.  Blade has been used hard, cutting edge corners are worn down big time, mounting frame is bent and been welded up and modified for this tractor ?  Snow thrower looks like it was run in a brick pile.  One front corner is gone, augur is beat up, flat in the center is not flat any more.   A rough package but with some time and a little expense could be made into a good serviceable package again.  Didn't get together on a price today.  Offered him a good rear end 3 speed w/ Hi-Lo for $150 delivered.  Not sure where this will go if anywhere.  My offer was half of what he was asking.  He is supposed to get a check from his insurance company but don't know how much.  If my offer and that check will pay for his big box store lawn mower he will sell it to me.  Otherwise he may buy my rear end.  Fun fun.

TRACTOR SIDE VIEW.JPG    PLOW N CHAINS.JPG

MOWER.JPG    BLOWER.JPG

Edited by chieffan, June 10, 2017 - 06:37 AM.

• Bolens 1000, LPBolens, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks