Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

New here, S-16 Kohler question (oil drain)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TractorA OFFLINE  

TractorA
  • Member No: 86825
  • 6 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 08, 2017 - 11:39 AM

New here to the site and it looks like a lot of great info.  I just picked up an '84 Ariens S-16 (model K341S).  I have a few other issues with the tractor but first I simply want to change engine oil.  I did search through the forum hoping for a clear answer but I didn't find one. The oil dipstick is clearly visible and easy to find on this tractor.  As silly as it sounds I cannot find the oil drain plug on this.  Common sense would indicate its at or near the oil fill location but I can't find the drain plug at all. My copy of the owners manual does not clarify its actual location.  I've looked for it several times as has a friend and neither of us can find it.  Can anyone post a picture showing exactly where the oil drain is located on this particular engine/tractor?   

• oldedeeres said thank you

#2 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,885 Thanks
  • 2,503 posts

Posted June 08, 2017 - 12:12 PM

It is underneath the machine about just above the axle. Should be a square head pipe plug.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#3 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 7,848 Thanks
  • 4,009 posts

Posted June 08, 2017 - 12:55 PM

Welcome, TractorA. No question is silly when it comes to oil! Who'd think to look down low to find it?

Edited by oldedeeres, June 08, 2017 - 05:18 PM.

#4 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,885 Thanks
  • 2,503 posts

Posted June 08, 2017 - 06:39 PM

if it is an S series with a Kohler single then it isn't that new of a machine. By then they were onto the GT series and the twin cyl engines.

#5 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,574 Thanks
  • 4,707 posts

Posted June 08, 2017 - 08:36 PM

Welcome!
As said above, out the bottom right behind the axle. Any pics of your tractor? I am curious on the year of your tractor with that engine. Do you have the model number?