John Deere Mower Deck compatability chart?
Posted June 17, 2011 - 10:32 PM
I believe that my machine will interchange with the LX255 lx266 lx277 lx279 lx288 lx280 gt225 gt235 gx335 gx355 gx255 gx325 and gx345. I am not sure about the X300 or X500 mounts?
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted June 18, 2011 - 12:39 AM
Posted June 22, 2011 - 11:30 AM
My GT245 says it can take the 42" snow thrower. Then I look at this list and there are 3 different versions of the 42" snowblower, the model 3250, 3251 and 3252. In this sheet it say the GT245 can only use the model 3252? Did they change the 42" snow thrower housing mounts? Seems you should be able to just get the new mounting kit and use them, but apparently not?
Posted June 22, 2011 - 11:46 AM
Also, here's another tip - Try JD Parts. Here's a tutorial that will help you: How To Use JD Parts Online Services - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums
When you go to JDParts, instead of doing a model search, click on "Catalog Number Search".
1. Then in the blank field, type in 2797, which is the Product Identification catalog.
2. Click on the "Alphetical Search" and then scrolled down to the "S's".
3. Click on the "S" and then scrolled down to "SNOWBLOWERS, ATTACHMENT". Click on the first one and then under the DESCRIPTION you will see the tractors listed. Just find the tractor you want, i.e. GT245 and then look for the blower size you need under "MODEL #". You can click on the left arrow if you want to go back one page and the right arrow if you need to go to the next page.
4. When you find it, look under PC/MPC NO. and see what PC it is.
5. Then under the "Catalog Number Search" again, type that PC number in and you have it.
The chart that's linked in the above post isn't updated, but the PC 2797, which is the Product Identification Guide, is updated in JD Parts. I feel the more people understand how to use JD Parts and what information you can get from it, the better. It's a powerful tool and most people either don't know how to use it, or what information they can get from it, or just too lazy to use it (we do live in a fast food society).
Posted September 21, 2012 - 02:21 PM
Posted September 21, 2012 - 06:08 PM