2 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,799 Thanks
  • 6,034 posts

Posted June 07, 2017 - 04:38 PM

Looking at a package deal that includes a soft cab with a hard top.  Has FMC on the side, under that is Bolens.  All in black letters.  Never seen one, only pictures and no numbers for comparison.  I know there was a hard cab as well as the canvas type cab.  Basically, what is the difference in the various model numbers?  This is the first one I have seen listed for sale - anywhere.  So guess they are real keepers once one get their hands on one. 

This one, so I am told, has two of the "plastic window" panels cracked and needs some stitching done. ? ? ?   Anybody want to throw some $$ out there as I have no clue what so ever.  If I do get it, and get it repaired it will probably be for sale.  Right now it is on a G10 Bolens.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,612 Thanks
  • 17,951 posts

Posted June 07, 2017 - 07:12 PM

The hard and soft cab bodies pretty much stayed  the same, the different numbers most likely would be for the hardware kits, different ones for gear drive/ hydro ect. 

• chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,799 Thanks
  • 6,034 posts

Posted June 07, 2017 - 08:27 PM

The hard and soft cab bodies pretty much stayed  the same, the different numbers most likely would be for the hardware kits, different ones for gear drive/ hydro ect. 

After looking closer at my list, it does show different number for the hydro and gear tractors.  Then there are a couple numbers that are for both, gear and hydro.  Asking $500 for G10, cab, chains, weights, thrower and deck.  BUT - the tractor has a cracked rear end housing & 6.5hp Chinese motor.  Thrower looks like a couple brick went through it & one shoe corner gone. Can only see the top of the deck.  Weights are cast and chains are?? I am thinking about half of that.

Edited by chieffan, June 08, 2017 - 07:10 AM.