• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 06:10 PM

Just received my new 750x Drill Doctor. I have an older DD500, but it won't sharpen anything over 1/2". Now I can get those large bits cutting real good. Have to watch the dvd to learn how this one works. I have been very happy with the old one, just needed one to go to larger bits. This one does 3/32-3/4" bits. To those who don't know about these, they are a godsend to those of us who haven't learned to sharpen their bits on a grinder.
  • NUTNDUN and mikebramel have said thanks

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 03:13 PM

So I take it they work pretty good then? I have sharpened bits on a bench grinder and it definitely isn't the easiest thing to do. Definitely need a really fine grinding wheel to if you want a nice edge.

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 04:58 PM

I have a smaller one that only goes up to 1/2". Works real good if you get it set right to begin with. This newer one looks to be easier to set up the bit. I need to watch the DVD that came with it. It sets up differently than the old one. Sure seems easier than a grinder to me, never could get it just right on both sides. I got this one off epay, saved about $50 and free shipping.