Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Video of a quick spin with the MF12 and the new stack.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 31, 2010 - 07:32 PM

I was a little bored tonight so I took a quick video of the 12 with the new stack I put on it the other day. It isn't near as loud as what the Kohler is on the 147 but I think it still sounds good. I know it sounds like the governor is hunting a little bit but it does that when it is cold, once she gets warm she runs perfect.

• Sawdust said thank you

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted March 31, 2010 - 07:41 PM

thats nice!
sounds like my 10... up and down when its cold

#3 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 31, 2010 - 08:00 PM

My MF12G with a pepper pot muffler is not much quieter than yours, the surging at high speed when cold and smoothing out when warmed up, might be lean fuel mixture, try opening up the main jet 1/8 of a turn, putting the stack in would reduce back pressure and affect fuel mixture.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 31, 2010 - 08:04 PM

My MF12G with a pepper pot muffler is not much quieter than yours, the surging at high speed when cold and smoothing out when warmed up, might be lean fuel mixture, try opening up the main jet 1/8 of a turn, putting the stack in would reduce back pressure and affect fuel mixture.

You know Doug you just reminded me that I didn't adjust the mixture since putting the stack on and I am sure it could use just a touch more fuel on the high speed. She knew she was having video taken of her because she was proving me wrong that she doesn't smoke LOL.

I am going to take a video of the 147 tomorrow since I want to pull it out and make adjustments to the deck so I will take it for a quick spin with a video.

#5 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 31, 2010 - 08:08 PM

It sounds like it's pretty close, engines that run a little rich tend to smoke more maybe that's a factor in yours, might of been a little rich before at idle???

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 31, 2010 - 08:20 PM

Nah, it smoked like a bandit before when it had the stack the other day when it was cold. It is in need of a rebuild, I know the tune is close once it is warmed up, it might be a touch lean now with the stack on it. When it is cold out like 30* or below it smokes to beat the band. I barely had to choke it to start it in that video so it can't be too lean. I may have to play around with the governor adjustment a little bit but once it is warmed up it doesn't surge or hunt at all.