jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 10:55 PM

Anyone going to the Red Power Round-Up in Albert Lea, MN next week? I plan to be there sporting my GTTalk attire. Just not sure which day(s) yet.

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 04:58 AM

If we were not so far away I would go. Please be sure to take lots of pictures :D

#3 tankdriver OFFLINE  

tankdriver

• Member No: 3674
  • 2 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted June 22, 2011 - 06:29 PM

I wish they would have sone in the South......

#4 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted June 22, 2011 - 06:39 PM

I wish they would have sone in the South......

For that to happen would require a chapter of the IH Collectors from the south to submit a proposal before the voting membership at the Roundup that they would like to hold a Roundup. This is how a Roundup is decided, several chapters submit their idea for a Roundup and then at the national membership meeting the members vote for where they want to hold the Roundup. I doubt one will happen anytime too soon as the 4 big chapters in the south went together to hold the one at Lebanon Tennessee in 2005. That was a good one allbeit EXTREMELY HOT during that show.

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 22, 2011 - 08:23 PM

Not going myself. But talked to a guy from Illinois tonight while I was getting gas in Colfax. He Had a couple sweet tractors on the trailer.
51 Cub & 57 low-boy

#6 tankdriver OFFLINE  

tankdriver

• 2 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 10:08 AM

For that to happen would require a chapter of the IH Collectors from the south to submit a proposal before the voting membership at the Roundup that they would like to hold a Roundup. This is how a Roundup is decided, several chapters submit their idea for a Roundup and then at the national membership meeting the members vote for where they want to hold the Roundup. I doubt one will happen anytime too soon as the 4 big chapters in the south went together to hold the one at Lebanon Tennessee in 2005. That was a good one allbeit EXTREMELY HOT during that show.

Problem is down south, GTs are seen as just big lawn mowers. I never knew of what they were able to do till I get my new one, and started looking at different forums. If you'll look at the members locations most are from the North/North East area. Down south, you can pick up a used tractor cheaper than a GT. I'm 57 years old, and never seen a LT with a FEL of any kind. Most TSC type store do not even have anything for GTs in stock. So there are no GT type shows around.....

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 10:17 AM

Problem is down south, GTs are seen as just big lawn mowers. I never knew of what they were able to do till I get my new one, and started looking at different forums. If you'll look at the members locations most are from the North/North East area. Down south, you can pick up a used tractor cheaper than a GT. I'm 57 years old, and never seen a LT with a FEL of any kind. Most TSC type store do not even have anything for GTs in stock. So there are no GT type shows around.....

That's an interesting observation. Around here it's hard to find a small farm tractor and when you do they are High! I know of one implement dealer who has built his business on buying up all the small ones and hauling them South to sell in southern Iowa, Missouri & Arkansas.
The good Fords, Massy's,Cubs AC B's & C's etc have pretty well been cleaned out for 4 counties around me.
And that's just what I need for my place.

#8 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 11:18 AM

I have been to the Lebanon TN. Red Round-up before, it's alwat hot there, but a very nice show. Not too many GT's....

#9 tankdriver OFFLINE  

tankdriver

• 2 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 11:45 AM

That's an interesting observation. Around here it's hard to find a small farm tractor and when you do they are High! I know of one implement dealer who has built his business on buying up all the small ones and hauling them South to sell in southern Iowa, Missouri & Arkansas.
The good Fords, Massy's,Cubs AC B's & C's etc have pretty well been cleaned out for 4 counties around me.
And that's just what I need for my place.

I guess it is because the South is always been mainly low population density and the economy agricultural based, that we have large farms. I purchased a IH 240 and a 504 Shanghai Motor Works 4 wheel drive for a little more than I paid for the PGT9000 I have now. But I discovered a belly mower does a lot better job around trees than I tractor and bushhog. So actually the main reason I purchased mine was, it was a big mower. Then I started checking out the forums and saw them with FEL and Box blades etc.... Tractor shows down here are TRACTOR shows.

So I have learned a lot in just the last couple of months.

Go to Craigs List, pick Memphis, Little Rock, or anywhere in Missippi, there are tractors everywhere. There are none listed as Garden Tractors, they are listed as Riding Mowers.

#10 scrapiron OFFLINE  

scrapiron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 5985
  • 1 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 11:01 PM

Welcome to GTTalk!