Garden Tractor Forums banner

Wisconsin WD2-1000 parts?

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Sherm 
#1 ·
Hi, I just recently picked up a WD2-1000 that's seized. I am in the process of unseizing it but I'm going to need to get all new gaskets. Can anyone tell me what the best place to find parts for this engine is?

Thanks in advance,
Nate

#2 ·
Unfortunately parts are NLA including gaskets, extensive internet searches, go to part guys, and several old dealers netted zilch, sorry. If LP Bolens doesn't see this post you can PM him , I believe he put a new crank in one awhile ago, maybe he sourced some gaskets. Good luck with your endeavor.

#4 ·
You can buy gasket material in sheets. Plumb make a nice little gasket hammer that will mark the edges and holes real nice. Hole punch set and good scissors and your back in business. Might get by by re-using the head gasket if not destroyed. Good luck.

Reactions: boyscout862
#7 ·
Welcome to GTT. Try fleamarkets and Epay. Two years ago at a Tractor Swap Meet there was a guy who cleanned out the back of the family barn. There were boxes of NOS Wisconsin engine parts. Someone ahead of me grabbed most as I walked up. Try your local NAPA and any old dealers that are around. You never know what they have stored away. Good Luck, Rick

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am in the process of unseizing it but I'm going to need to get all new gaskets.
Thanks in advance,
Nate
Felpro does offer sheets of gasket material that can be used to cut new gaskets from - other gasket manufacturers probably do as well - you should be able to get the material at a local auto parts store. Part # 2498 is shown as a gasket material suitable for head gasket applications. Attached are jpegs of two pages that show the various gasket materials that they offer - they do list a product that is suitable to be used for head gaskets. What some people will do is draw an outline of the head gasket including hole locations on a piece of plywood - then clamp the gasket material between it and another piece of plywood and drill the hole locations. You can also drill starter holes where holes for the combustion chamber will have to be cut out. Then the gasket material can be cut with aviation snips. Just a suggestion if you cannot find gaskets.

Here is a link to the part # on the Federal Mogul web site - http://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/part-detail.aspx?pNum=2498&partType=Gasket%20Materials&brandId=FL

You could email their tech department if you needed more information.

Attachments

#13 ·
So the only reason the motor was siezed was because the flywheel rusted to the stator, the stator is shot but thats not really a big deal since it only charges the battery. I could put a small belt driven alternator on it in the future if i wanted. But i did open up the crank case just to make sure everything was okay inside. The inside was perfect until the mice ate through my covers and got inside so it now needs a good cleaning. Does anyone have an owners manual or an operators manual that i could look at?

-Nate

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.