• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 934 Thanks
  • 417 posts

Posted May 28, 2017 - 07:43 AM

Bought this mower on sale June 2016. thought I had posted about it before but a search says I didn't.

Here are is my review of it for almost a year.

Once I got it home and unloaded which was fairly easy with a recovering (11 weeks) total Knee replacement, I read some reviews on how hard it was to unpack and assemble. You just have to be joking about that, RIGHT?

I opened the top flaps of the box, removed the bagger discharge chute extension and manuals which held a couple handle bar bolts and the clean out hose hook up & a quart of engine oil. Folded the handles into position was able to judge where it should go for my height pretty easy then installed the bolts and wing nuts. Now it is all assembled in the box grab the end of the box opposite the handle bars and lift it to allow the mower to roll out of the box onto the garage  apron, remove the box for later disposal. Added the oil then went and got the fuel can and filled the tank. Adjusted the wheels to the height I mow at. Those trigger type adjusters I like I mean really like I will also make sure persons do not throw crap on the mower when in storage as I would not bet my life on those plastic parts. Once the wheels are set I pull the handle back that allows the starting a dead man switch really. Pull the starter cord and we have ignition that simple.

As said In recovery for TKR surgery so I have a much slower and gimpyer gait than normal. I was able to adjust the drive to my walking speed so easy, some thing I can not do with my front wheel drive mower prompting me to buy this one.

****As a side note I did check to make sure the blade was tight before adding oil and fuel. Read review of one blowing the spark plug out so I also double checked to make sure that was tight.

Mower does a great job and adjustment for the wheels measured spot on at 4 inches as I had set it. I also did find a reason to adjust the front lower than the rear either to assist turning. Just release the drive levers and turn, Simple!!!!!

Tried the bagger out with chopping fall leaves and found it simple to work. I also found it a royal pain as the bag was so small you could only make a trip under the tree one way and back and it was packed full.

Yesterday with fully recovered knees was to be it's maiden voyage to mow the ditch what it was intended to do. What a disappointment to have the recoil catch stop working after so little use in the past less than a years use.

:D   Al

• boyscout862 and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,483 Thanks
  • 8,484 posts

Posted May 28, 2017 - 08:55 AM

Mouse nest messing with the recoil? Good Luck, Rick

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#3 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • 934 Thanks
  • 417 posts

Posted May 28, 2017 - 04:16 PM

Nope no mouse nest, thing is as clean as the day I brought it home. I also have used it this spring several times.

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#4 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • 934 Thanks
  • 417 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 07:11 AM

This mower was on sale last June 2016, so I bought it despite my knee replacement preventing it from it's intended use. I did use it a little last fall to mow up leaves into the bagger, Worked good sort of for that, the bag was so full after a trip thru the leaves and back it had to be dumped.

Was ready to go use it for what I had intended it's use for and the recoil stopped working. Took it to the warranty repair center to get it repaired and was told they only do Honda engine warranty work.
So I bring it back home and decide I would see if it was some thing I could fix cheap or just set it up to start with my cordless drill or impact driver. Cheap Chinese plastic washer on the Chinese made Briggs & Stration engine had bent allowing the dog to fall out of it's workable place.

I found a big steel fender washer and decided I would mix up some JB weld and glue it onto the plastic washer. Then decided I would forgo the washer and just do a good layer of JB weld to stiffen the plastic washer. Worked great, so I was able to put it to work doing what I had bought it for.

The ditch at Kare's mom's house we have mowed for years with a front wheel drive mower. It is so steep the mowers would normally run at a 45 Degree angle across it. Now the AWD model it runs pretty straight and will pull its self up the bank even.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Edited by alleyyooper, June 24, 2017 - 07:13 AM.

• shorty said thank you

#5 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • 934 Thanks
  • 417 posts

Posted August 03, 2017 - 07:54 AM

Worked on the recoil and got it to working by applying some JB weld to the plastic washer heaver on the side that bent up. Put it all back together and it worked great for about 3 weeks then the other side let loose by bending up.

This time I decided to get a fender washer nearly the same size as that plastic washer and JB weld the fender washer to the plastic one to stiffen it without being to thick.

It is now working the way it should on the bench. But while I was thinking of how I wanted to fix it I made a drill starter and have been starting it with a drill . Want to be real careful drill starting it and not stall it in deep grass.

:D Al