• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • Member No: 35312
  • 172 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted May 27, 2017 - 01:18 PM

Hey y'all, Got my new driveshaft and engine mounted back in the Ford 18H but am having trouble with the proper way to route and rn the throttle and choke cables to the carb and governor arm. The carb was taken off and the cables were unattached when I got her so I never saw how it was routed. Every way I've tried is getting bound up so I know I'm not doing it right. If someone can send me some pics of which hole each cable comes through on the firewall and how you've got it mounted, secured, and which hole/arm you're going too I'd appreciate it, the manual wasn't any help and I haven't found any pics on Google.

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,424 Thanks
  • 5,826 posts

Posted May 27, 2017 - 05:29 PM

Which end of the motor does the tractor drive from, fly wheel end or drive end?  Which side of the dash is the throttle and choke control mounted?  This all has a bearing as to how the cables are routed.  Will get some photos off one driven off the fly wheel end later this morning.

Edited by chieffan, May 28, 2017 - 07:21 AM.

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,424 Thanks
  • 5,826 posts

Posted May 28, 2017 - 09:07 AM

Here are pics of a M18 in a Super cub.  It drives off the flywheel end of the crank.  If your drives off the other end, with the flywheel forward the hook up should be the same for the choke.  Throttle would be in front and hook up the same way.

SAM_0276.JPG     SAM_0277.JPG

SAM_0278.JPG   SAM_0279.JPG

Second and third are of the choke hook up.   First and forth are the throttle.

Edited by chieffan, May 28, 2017 - 09:10 AM.