• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 1,213 Thanks
  • 461 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 07:22 AM

It was a really nice little tractor but I like my John Deeres and was looking at a few that I really wanted so when a guy I know saw my 1220 and had to have it I sold it to him to help fund my green and gold ambitions,,,,,,,,,,,,In hind sight this guy should not be allowed near a gt as I found out last night when he had me over to get some parts he had for me for another one of my gts.When I sold it to him all he could do was gush about how nice it was and how much he loved it!It is now junk!!He thought the motor needed to run faster so somehow he sped it up and it blew the spark plug out taking th threads with it so he stripped a bigger spark plug in the hole and now it has burned out a hole in the head next to the spark plug,He ran it out of oil and now the rod knocks!He got one of the tire chains wrapped up in the rear end and screwed up the transmission (No high range anymore or 1st gear)So to inspect the trans instead of removing the whole cover plate he cut it in half with a torch!He has an old cub that he drug up from the ditch that by the looks of it hadnt faired any better and plans on scrapping out both tractors and building 1 frankenstien tractor out of the 2.... :wallbanging: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: Generally when I sell  a tractor people take care of it,Just seems  so stupid but to each his own :(

Attached Thumbnails

• PTDC0302.JPG
  • PTDC0301.JPG

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, grnspot110 and 13 others have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,614 Thanks
  • 17,955 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 07:35 AM

Some people are real Morons when it comes to caring for equipment! :wallbanging:

• wilberj, blackjackjakexxix, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#3 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 1,213 Thanks
  • 461 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 08:04 AM

I wont sell him another!

• ericjr16 said thank you

#4 pacubcadet OFFLINE  

pacubcadet
  • Member No: 87016
  • 58 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 08:07 AM

That's ashame. The Bolens looked like a half decent tractor... some people have no respect for things. Must have money to blow because scrap prices are down.
  • blackjackjakexxix, boyscout862 and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,844 Thanks
  • 8,686 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 11:30 AM

Stupid is as stupid does! There seems to be alot more of those types now days.

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, ericjr16 and 1 other said thanks

#6 ClassicBolens ONLINE  

ClassicBolens
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 48806
  • 1,357 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 12:13 PM

What a shame. Perhaps you can buy it back for scrap price and salvage the hydraulic lift kit and perhaps a few parts off of it for us Bolens guys.
  • Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, boyscout862 and 3 others have said thanks

#7 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,527 Thanks
  • 1,827 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 01:03 PM

Good intentions, and bad mechanical skills do not mix!

Maybe you can buy it back, and replace the damaged items, and have a good tractor again?
  • blackjackjakexxix and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#8 Dave in NY OFFLINE  

Dave in NY

• Member No: 7601
  • 62 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 01:03 PM

That too bad! I wish the one I've got was as nice as that one used to be. What a waste!

#9 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,186 Thanks
  • 743 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 03:50 PM

It is a shame when people just hack and cut these machines up! That tractor was in nice shape and I've been looking for a hydro lift kit like it had on it for some time now! The guy didn't know what a nice machine he had or he's just not that bright! I would try to save it from the scraper and at least offer it up to the bolens group in parts. Maybe one wrong can make a lot of rights for people who are in need of certain parts to finish their machines.

• blackjackjakexxix, Reed Breneman and Clevis have said thanks

#10 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,226 Thanks
  • 2,910 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 04:23 PM

Cub Cadet 127 I restored got demolished.I have a pic of the poor fella in my Avatar as a memorial.Should not of sold it to him no matter what he offered.Makes me angry and sad at the same time.

Sold it to a guy up the road.He collects old garden tractors. And he is also a wealthy guy and a severely addicted hoarder. He's the guy that will buy EVERYTHING left over at the end of an auction.Doesn't matter if he has to buy 2 truck loads of Trash bags to get 1 small thing that he'll never use.

Last fall he was burning his garbage in a burn barrel in the middle of his pig stye of a driveway (which you can't even pull a vehicle in because it's FULL of Junk) And a spark blew out and caught his junk on fire. He lost everything in the driveway,melted the front of his 30 foot motor home and blew the glass out of it and was seconds from catching the house on fire.Would of been unstoppable if the motor home would of went up.

Marked the burnt area in yellow and the location of the Cub in red.It got hot enough to melt the pump off the transaxle.

His driveway is much much worse now. He pushed everything that burnt up on a pile in the middle of the driveway with his Kubota and it's completely full of JUNK again. 

I bet he spent well over $2,500,000 on Junk over the past 8-10 years.Went up past his place to get gas today and His 2 full sized Dodge trucks and trailer are full of crap Again.Loaded higher than the roof of the truck.

poor cub.jpg

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#11 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,226 Thanks
  • 2,910 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 04:28 PM

I would give anything for his place.10 acres of nice flat ground with a Brick 3 bay garage with a Huge fire place in the back of it and enough room on the 2nd floor for an apartment and a Really nice 5 bedroom 2 1/2 bathroom brick 1 story home with full basement and 2 fire places backed by a good trout stocked creek.

#12 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 1,134 Thanks
  • 786 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 04:43 PM

I sold it to him to help fund my green and gold ambitions,,,,,,,,,,,,

That was the start of the troubles...

• MH81, Bolens800uk and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#13 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 1,213 Thanks
  • 461 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 05:43 PM

What a shame. Perhaps you can buy it back for scrap price and salvage the hydraulic lift kit and perhaps a few parts off of it for us Bolens guys.

I will try to do that,He offered to sell me the motor real cheap

#14 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 1,213 Thanks
  • 461 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 05:47 PM

Cub Cadet 127 I restored got demolished.I have a pic of the poor fella in my Avatar as a memorial.Should not of sold it to him no matter what he offered.Makes me angry and sad at the same time.

Sold it to a guy up the road.He collects old garden tractors. And he is also a wealthy guy and a severely addicted hoarder. He's the guy that will buy EVERYTHING left over at the end of an auction.Doesn't matter if he has to buy 2 truck loads of Trash bags to get 1 small thing that he'll never use.

Last fall he was burning his garbage in a burn barrel in the middle of his pig stye of a driveway (which you can't even pull a vehicle in because it's FULL of Junk) And a spark blew out and caught his junk on fire. He lost everything in the driveway,melted the front of his 30 foot motor home and blew the glass out of it and was seconds from catching the house on fire.Would of been unstoppable if the motor home would of went up.

Marked the burnt area in yellow and the location of the Cub in red.It got hot enough to melt the pump off the transaxle.

His driveway is much much worse now. He pushed everything that burnt up on a pile in the middle of the driveway with his Kubota and it's completely full of JUNK again. 

I bet he spent well over $2,500,000 on Junk over the past 8-10 years.Went up past his place to get gas today and His 2 full sized Dodge trucks and trailer are full of crap Again.Loaded higher than the roof of the truck.

attachicon.gifpoor cub.jpg

Wow and sometimes I think I am a hoarder,,,,Just WoW

#15 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 1,213 Thanks
  • 461 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 05:49 PM

That was the start of the troubles...

Well now I really like all of them but have a soft spot for the Deeres and Fords They are special!

• Oldford said thank you