• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 818 Thanks
  • 683 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 01:06 PM

Looking for a small 4-6hp air cooled diesel, such as a Yanmar L48, Petter AC1 or the one of the smaller Yanmar clones.  Wanting to repower a short frame Wheelhorse and not have to modify the hood (I know it can be done with the smaller Yanmar/Clone diesels.    Thanks  Mike

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,370 Thanks
  • 7,753 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 01:22 PM

Yanmar clones??  First Honda clones, now Chinese making Yanmar ones??  Where would one see these?  There was a little one at Portland, think was kunbota, but water cooled.

#3 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 818 Thanks
  • 683 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 02:28 PM

They have been cloning the Yanmar LA series for awhile nice.  Used to be able to get the 4.5hp, 6 and 10hp ones, cant get the 4.5hp one now thanks to the EPA.   That small 4.5hp diesel, equil in power to the K181 in my WH, is a perfect fit with no hood chopping needed.   I also saw an air cooled Lombardini off an old arrow board trailer at Portland, but its to large to fit and keep the hood on the tractor.  I saw a few water cooled Kubota diesels.     You can look on Carroll Stream Motors website to see the 6 and 10 hp clone engines

#4 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 818 Thanks
  • 683 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 02:39 PM

The CS170F is the clone that is a near perfect fit in the short frame Wheel Horses.  The Genuine Yanmar version is hard to find and normally quite expensive.  Most I find have a tapered crankshaft and not the keyed shaft I need.  The clones have a keyed shaft most of the time.   Engine can be new or used.  Or needing repaired as long as its not blown up.   Mike

Edited by mtoney, May 23, 2017 - 02:39 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted