Garden Tractor Forums banner

small air cooled diesel wanted

Tags
wanted
705 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mtoney 
#1 ·
Looking for a small 4-6hp air cooled diesel, such as a Yanmar L48, Petter AC1 or the one of the smaller Yanmar clones. Wanting to repower a short frame Wheelhorse and not have to modify the hood (I know it can be done with the smaller Yanmar/Clone diesels. Thanks Mike

#3 ·
They have been cloning the Yanmar LA series for awhile nice. Used to be able to get the 4.5hp, 6 and 10hp ones, cant get the 4.5hp one now thanks to the EPA. That small 4.5hp diesel, equil in power to the K181 in my WH, is a perfect fit with no hood chopping needed. I also saw an air cooled Lombardini off an old arrow board trailer at Portland, but its to large to fit and keep the hood on the tractor. I saw a few water cooled Kubota diesels. You can look on Carroll Stream Motors website to see the 6 and 10 hp clone engines

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
The CS170F is the clone that is a near perfect fit in the short frame Wheel Horses. The Genuine Yanmar version is hard to find and normally quite expensive. Most I find have a tapered crankshaft and not the keyed shaft I need. The clones have a keyed shaft most of the time. Engine can be new or used. Or needing repaired as long as its not blown up. Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.