#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,505 Thanks
  • 7,856 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 07:08 PM

This winter got a 3pt for the QT. Just now got tractor out and was looking at install. Seems the swivel blocks are kinda oval shape, with one bolt end being a bit longer than other. I now have the longer end towards inside of tractor pointing down, and short end outside, pointing up. There are still two more bolts there, this same area holds seat pan support. Is this correct? Seems to clear the trans case and the 3rd link mount. Next, not sure on this long lift bar and how it is going up to lift mechanisms. First had the lift link on rockshaft on left and pointing down. Thought I was seeing where it May hook on linkage that side. NOW, have it up and on left side and see much better lift bar, but is way forward in chassis. Still looks like tight fit for lift bar to pass thru chassis. Bar has a bend and kind of offset too. Guess the slip end stays out on the 3pt and the solid pin is for the lift arm underneath? Correct. I'm going to go out and take off the fender pan again, sure be much easier to see and attach. Took couple pictures, look like I'm correct? Also, the lower lift arms had 5/8" pins to mount to axle. At first had them in lower holes, which were bigger. Then found in box two Bigger pins, about 3/4" diam and didn't know what for. They didn't fit in the arms joint. So, Then move arms higher hole, which was 5/8" and better. Bigger pins went in lower holes, but what for?? Then see sway chains with big ring on them and slipped them up there with pins, so guess that is what that is all about??

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170521_184921.jpg
  • 20170521_184931.jpg
  • 20170521_184942.jpg

Edited by glgrumpy, May 21, 2017 - 07:10 PM.

• 637Yeoman and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 8,505 Thanks
  • 7,856 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 07:40 PM

Hey Guy's, no one looking?  Too dumb of questions?  I have it correct???  Feeling Un-loved now! :toilethead:

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 9,144 Thanks
  • 6,240 posts

Posted May 25, 2017 - 07:58 PM

Don't have a 3 pt on mine so can't help you any.  Looks right in the photos from what little I know about the QT's.  Still need to get the jerking out of mine.  Have a 3 pt on the 1655 White so don't need another one.  Everyone must be gone for the long weekend sept us poor folk.

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 8,505 Thanks
  • 7,856 posts

Posted May 30, 2017 - 06:24 PM

Got tractor out and running some today, took pix of 3pt in video, now sure I can post?  Anyway, took fenders offf and could see better. didn't see how lift link went on and connected to those lift tabs being shape it was in????  THen, when I ran it and dropped the lift down, SEE the upper leg on rockshaft, AND, That is where it goes on. Special pin and all in now. Works good!  Have tractor for sale as is, someone else can work with it, I'm done!  Getting out you know.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170530_182050.jpg