• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 881 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 02:44 PM

This looks like a decent deal to me.  Has electro/hydraulic lift, haven't seen that before.

Speedex 1631 $900

I think 1980 is a typo.  As near as I can reckon it's a '91 built in Dec. 1990.  I've got an email in to him for clarification.

00w0w_7oJvG8a8owN_1200x900.jpg

Edited by MiCarl, May 21, 2017 - 02:46 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#2 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 881 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 06:37 PM

It's gone.  No, it wasn't me.

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,099 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 06:46 PM

Looks pretty nice. I have a 1641 and it is same chassis and most tins, but trans-axle in it. I have vanguard too, but mine is more forward than this. Supposed to have stripes, but haven't seen those big white trims before. My similar blade went with the 1622 I just sold at show. I don't know what that lift is you mentioned, or how to see anything in this picture.  I didn't try to find ad to see. Wasn't real cheap, but think buyer should be happy with it. They steer real nice and these later models have longer steering shaft so wheel is up higher, big improvement!  Think mine is 92, so you are probly right on the 90 or close.  These things always look much older in design than they were.

#4 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 881 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 07:29 PM

glgrumpy - I'm curious about the serial number on your 1641.  Is it 1641xxxxxK?

Here is a picture of the hydraulics on the one from the ad.  You can see its got a motor on the cylinder, similar to the lift on a boat motor.

00I0I_2QQFStdGF3I_1200x900.jpg

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,099 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted May 22, 2017 - 07:42 PM

Carl, don't see any notes in my junk. I'll have to go out and look. Hope it's there on frame??  That hitch is really diff than I've seen anywhere. Even the metal 3pt frame seems quite different from the hand lift ones.  Did you see I sold my 1240 and the 1622 at show?  Didn't want to real bad, but trying to reduce around here and had to make decisions of which ones. Gonna be looking back into the 1641 more now, seems like nice set-up, little easier to steer and Vanguard seems like nice engine.  Now if I could get it to start easier. Seems I need shot of either to get first start. After that, is fine when warmed. Kinda weird. Was told gaskets on valve covers and areas are not sealing enough for fuel pump to get vacumm.  Ever hear such a thing?  Yours Vanguard?

#6 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 881 posts

Posted May 22, 2017 - 08:35 PM

Carl, don't see any notes in my junk. I'll have to go out and look. Hope it's there on frame??  That hitch is really diff than I've seen anywhere. Even the metal 3pt frame seems quite different from the hand lift ones.  Did you see I sold my 1240 and the 1622 at show?  Didn't want to real bad, but trying to reduce around here and had to make decisions of which ones. Gonna be looking back into the 1641 more now, seems like nice set-up, little easier to steer and Vanguard seems like nice engine.  Now if I could get it to start easier. Seems I need shot of either to get first start. After that, is fine when warmed. Kinda weird. Was told gaskets on valve covers and areas are not sealing enough for fuel pump to get vacumm.  Ever hear such a thing?  Yours Vanguard?

I think with the one I posted at the top of this thread I've sorted out the year letter at the end of the serial number.  That one ended in J and was bought new in 1991.  Mine ends in M and I believe it to be a 1994.  If I'm right that would make K a 1992 model.

Mine has the Vanguard V-twin.  Easiest starting engine I've ever had, only takes a bump of the key and it fires right up (of course that's if I remember to pull the choke when it's cold).

I can see where a crankcase leak would keep the fuel pump from working properly.  When you first start it though it should have fuel in the float bowl.  Mine will run for several minutes before it tells me I forgot to open the fuel tap.