#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,494 Thanks
  • 7,850 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 07:54 PM

I have Husky GT now. Most have Vertical V-twins. Mine is motorless and other items gone. I'm interested in other junkers, say with axles bad, with or with out engines, maybe some smaller items, decks and etc. My understanding many Sears newer tractors and the Poulan brands are all made in same place and share many items.  Bigger stuff would prefer closer to IN to retrieve, not wanting to ship accross country.  Small stuff shipping is okay.

What's out there? 

#2 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,122 Thanks
  • 2,836 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 08:03 PM

I have heard that in the most recent years, some of the newest Ariens are actually built by Husq.... I remember reading a thread on here about another member having sent a letter to Ariens basically saying "WTF"?  Why do they have to source out a machine from another company and call it "theirs"....

that said, I wonder what interchange there is on a Husq machine.... example; such as wide frame/narrow frame or small frame/large frame sort of thing.... what years did they make a given series???

having such an open ended request you will probably get people with that brand of machine to respond, but I can see you winding up with a bunch of junk that won't retrofit onto your machine.... besides the engine, what else is missing?Clutch? Wiring? other pulleys?

#3 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,384 Thanks
  • 3,015 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 02:21 AM

To bad you were not closer.Found this on Craigslist.There is No Way it has 3936.2 hours on it lol.Someone had to have left the key on a few times.

https://pittsburgh.c...6139083058.html

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 8,494 Thanks
  • 7,850 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 03:09 AM

THAT'S just type thing I'm looking for! Brea king axles. Is that what they mean, shaft snaps off? I was thinking more internal stuff. Too far,but exact need, darn!

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 8,494 Thanks
  • 7,850 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 03:17 AM

Trucker, not sure yet what all is missing. No time to look. Wire harness is out of dash, yet most switches there, cept pto switch. Drive belts still in chassis. I looked between two model manuals and much was same parts .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted