• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 06:42 AM

This job is getting in the way of my GT time rather seriously. Plus we have to finish a pool cabana (Dressing room with toilet). The main job at the moment is a complete gut of plaster (leaving ceilings) and rewire, insulate, and sheet rock. Poor house needed it. Double pane windows had been installed earlier. Had to take out all interior door headers and redo them. Also, some new plumbing. Close off some redundant doorways. That kind of thing. They are supposed to insulate today. Sheetrockers move in Monday. At least the AC has been on. But, going back out into the heat to finish up the cabana will be a BI***. Not used to the heat.
Anyway, all this has cut my play time down drastically. Weekends have been too hot to do much to the tractors. Even having a hard time getting into the swing of things here.
Hope I get some play time soon. Thanks for listening to my rant.

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 06:54 AM

I hear you, Kenny. I hate when life gets in the way of having fun!

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 07:11 AM

The bad part is I am supposed to be retired! The extra money is nice. But I'll be in the real heat doing anything to the GT's this summer. Got some parts just waiting to be put on. Some, I'll have to find again.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 08:30 AM

I hear ya Kenny. I haven't had much play time lately either. When you do get time it is too stinkin hot out. I hope you get some free time soon though.

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 08:32 AM

Yep Kenny, NO play time here at all for weeks now. Sure is a bummer!

#6 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 09:07 AM

The bad part is I am supposed to be retired! The extra money is nice. But I'll be in the real heat doing anything to the GT's this summer. Got some parts just waiting to be put on. Some, I'll have to find again.

I've pretty much given up on retirement. All the guys I hear saying they don't have any time now that they are retired has got me thinking that as busy as I am now, I don't think I could take it. I think the plan will be to keep at it until I fall over. At least that way I cn have a little free time!

#7 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 09:15 AM

Sorry to hear that Kenny. Haven't had much time either. I'm only semi retired.

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 10:14 AM

Same here. Trying to get the 314 back together but with work and family commitments it just aint happening. I also keep going deeper into the tractor to clean, paint, repair etc. The weather is not cooperating. It is too cold to paint -thats right too cold 9C 48F this morning and raining. Paint just won't dry and harden properly in those temps. Kenny - renovation work is always a challenge IME. The time and money required for any job never seems to match up with the expectations going in. Cheer up !!It could be a lot worse.

#9 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 11:28 AM

Kenny, ranting is fine, and I rant often because I always have issues with time myself. I should be on summer break from college, but instead I wanted to graduate after the fall semester so guess what, I signed up for summer classes. See my issue, I'm now doing this college stuff year round, I really needed the summer off, believe me..

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 05:01 PM

Thanks, everyone. I am probably in better shape time wise than most. Just can't seem to get anything done around the house and get some play time. I think I am going for a road trip Sat. morning to jpcups. He has some parts for me and I just want to see what he has. About an hours drive one way. Be fun to meet someone else and search through his goodies.

#11 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 05:03 PM

Thanks, everyone. I am probably in better shape time wise than most. Just can't seem to get anything done around the house and get some play time. I think I am going for a road trip Sat. morning to jpcups. He has some parts for me and I just want to see what he has. About an hours drive one way. Be fun to meet someone else and search through his goodies.

If you want you can drive out here and see my collection. :D

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 05:14 PM

That would be a bit more than a day trip. Been out your way a few times. Maybe even real close to you. But that was when I had a 'hot shot' rig. Hauled a 30,000 lb heat exchanger from here to D.C. on a 1-ton with a 40' trailer. Hard pulling some of those 'hills' you have there.

#13 tex tractor jack OFFLINE  

tex tractor jack

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1854
  • 41 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 05:18 PM

Talk about the Heat, we have been very close or above the century mark down here in Texas for many days. Hard to do anything during the day time.

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 05:31 PM

You guys are really catching it down there. Here, the heat AND humidity makes it hard to do much, especially if you have been working in AC all week. That's been a lot on my problem. If you get used to working in the heat, it's easier to take.

#15 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 05:42 PM

I'm sure we've all noticed, that in todays world, we're all working harder, and have less.
Thank goddness for our GT hobby. Takes the mind away from that. And, yes the heat makes it worse.