• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cchap45 OFFLINE  

cchap45

• Member No: 6595
  • 88 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted May 16, 2017 - 02:44 PM

I was out mowing last night when the 1650 crawled to a stop and made a familiar noise that I have heard on my other 1650.  The drive shaft coupling had wore out, or so i thought.  Since I had dealt with this on the other tractor I grabbed the tools I needed and a brand new coupling (I bought a few extra ) and went out to get the mower back up and running. To my suprise the coupling was fine and the splines had wore off of the input shaft to the transmission. This is not good.  I did what i had to do and drilled a hole thru the works and put a bolt thru to get me by.  This may last me a while but not the fix I want.  So I have a few questions.  1st, is there any where I can get a new part?  2nd how far do I have to get into the transmission to get the input shaft out? In the manual it looks like it should come out after a few snap rings behind the cover plate and the input shaft turns the ball pump with a bin perpindicular through the input shaft.  If I cant find the shaft I should be able to make one and have it hardened.  Has anyone hade any experience with this or came up with a good fix?

thanks in advance! 

• pryan05 said thank you

#2 VICHARRIS OFFLINE  

VICHARRIS

• Member No: 1381
  • 100 Thanks
  • 54 posts

Posted May 16, 2017 - 08:18 PM

IF the hydro unit is a Eaton? The exact input shaft with the required splines is no longer available. Their replacement shaft has a factory key-way instead. Which means you will have get a special shaft coupling made. With the splines in one side and the other side with a key-way and set screws.

• limebuzz and pryan05 have said thanks