• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 679 posts

Posted June 03, 2017 - 07:52 PM

3 1/2",2 3/4",2 1/4",secondary pulley is the driven pulley or tractor pulley,implement's are driven off the engine pulley if you're 5/8" pulley is on the tractor then it is for ground speed,ask as many questions as you like I live for this old iron lol,I am not however the smartest one here by a long ways and quite able at giving a wrong answer

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170603_194507.jpg
  • 20170603_194534.jpg
  • 20170603_194630.jpg

#32 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • Member No: 86818
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 04, 2017 - 09:34 PM

3 1/2",2 3/4",2 1/4",secondary pulley is the driven pulley or tractor pulley,implement's are driven off the engine pulley if you're 5/8" pulley is on the tractor then it is for ground speed,ask as many questions as you like I live for this old iron lol,I am not however the smartest one here by a long ways and quite able at giving a wrong answer

Thanks .  will do some more checking tommorrow. The 8 X5/8 pulley is on the tractor on the inside.Why are there three pulleys on the engine if the 8 inch pulley is for an attachment?  I think i can make it work and get two speeds by using the two outside pulleys on the engine and the secondary.  once i get the engine running that is what i will try.  thanks again for your help.

#33 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 679 posts

Posted June 05, 2017 - 01:12 AM

Both my driven pulleys are 5/8"(only two)and can be adjusted in or out,implement's are run off extra pulley on engine,there is a lot of difference between my SIM and your MID and this could make a difference on the engine pulley
  • frankclrh2o said thank you

#34 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • Member No: 86818
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted October 12, 2017 - 02:26 PM

it has been awhile since i have been on the forum.  i have been through the tractor replaced bushings and seals.  painted and reassembled.  i was not able to get the engine started.  have not been able to find parts other than a carb.  i installed a Harbor freight engine on the tractor without changine the tractor so i can put the original engine on if i can get it running.  i need a throttle cable and lever for it.  i got one off of a Bolens tractor but it was mounted on the left handle.  mine is suppose to be mounted on the right handle.  does anyone know where i might find a throttle cable assembly similar to the oriinal.  is there any on who has a walk behind tractor salvage out there.  wild guesss question.  it hass been fun working on it and have been thankful for the help an comments i have recieved fron the forum.  would appreciate and help. thanks

#35 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 679 posts

Posted October 12, 2017 - 11:13 PM

Might do better in the wanted section for correct parts, till then run the Bolens cable, i would until the right part came along, the universal clamp on cables are a popular option for a later un-do