• Member No: 802
  • 29,963 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted May 14, 2017 - 11:48 AM

BTW, Frank,
trying to resurrect a TT Ford truck, although I started with this -
attachicon.gifTT.jpg

Ford Truck
Needs some TLC, but ran when parked... probably only needs a battery and a carb kit.
  • Gtractor said thank you

#17 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • Member No: 86818
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted May 14, 2017 - 02:29 PM

I couldn't post the rest of the song because its profane.  :wave:

If you ever see the Clint Eastwood movie "Heartbreak Ridge" you'll hear it. 

i'll look for the movie

#18 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,920 Thanks
  • 4,825 posts

Posted May 14, 2017 - 06:00 PM

Ford Truck
Needs some TLC, but ran when parked... probably only needs a battery and a carb kit.

:smilewink:  Actually that is the case.  Was parked along side an alley the early 1950's behind a small shed and forgotten for 60 years. 

The alley was abandoned by the city and the shed rotted down and was removed. 

As far as a battery and carb kit...... Well, they are just a small part of a very long list.  :thumbs:

• MH81 said thank you

#19 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted May 14, 2017 - 10:43 PM

BTW, Frank,

Welcome to GTT!!

That's a kewell tractor you have there.  I've amassed quite a selection [collection?] of those over the years. 

Also [somewhat] trying to resurrect a TT Ford truck, although the lack of progress has been pitiful the last couple years. 

I started with this - yes,  I'm an idiot.  :(

Found a MUCH better cab and genuine Ford script flatbed out in your neck of the woods.

attachicon.gifTT.jpg

Some of us enjoy the journey not just the destination.  if your interested in the destination you could have purchased  a completed restoration.  Enjoy the journey and good luck.

#20 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted May 17, 2017 - 04:01 PM

Some of us enjoy the journey not just the destination.  if your interested in the destination you could have purchased  a completed restoration.  Enjoy the journey and good luck.

I am having trouble finding anything on the kewell.  Im thinking the MID in the id on the tractor indicates it is a Midland ward.  Thanks for the suggestion.

#21 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 05:28 PM

I am pretty sure the Clinton Engine that came with the tractor is not the correct engine.  The pulley's do not match.  Tractor Pulley is a three step 8", 5", 2.5" Pulley with a 3/4" bore.  The engine pulley is a 3,4,5 on a 3/4' bore.  The pulley is on a hub about 1 1/8 OD and 3/4 bore.  if i could find weldable pulleys wiith the 1 1/8 bore, i think i could weld up a 3 step with the right pulley od's.    Any ideas where i might find eithe a pulley matching the tractor pulley or a 1 1/8 hub abour 3 inches long.  thanks for your help.  i hav enjoyed reading the posts and folks seem to be friendly and cooperative.

frank

#22 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 1,353 Thanks
  • 786 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 06:14 AM

That looks like fun, but I think I would make the engine run first, before chasing and making parts. One of the pics looks like the housing has either a crack or a casting flaw in it. I would get it running before doing much of anything else.

Nice Model A,s, by the way.

#23 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 1,132 Thanks
  • 739 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 07:45 PM

I believe the engine is correct,this simplicity built M/W is early 50s and close in age to yours,M/W supplied there own engine's,if you can take that pulley down so it rides closer to the engine when reversed it should work,the secondary pulley is adjustable on my M-1 in the pics

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170524_111037.jpg
  • 20170524_110928.jpg
  • 20170524_110526.jpg
  • 20170524_111112.jpg

#24 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 09:26 PM

:smilewink:  Actually that is the case.  Was parked along side an alley the early 1950's behind a small shed and forgotten for 60 years. 

The alley was abandoned by the city and the shed rotted down and was removed. 

As far as a battery and carb kit...... Well, they are just a small part of a very long list.  :thumbs:

Are you aware of Snyders Antique auto parts.  have bot model T and model A parts.

#25 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 09:28 PM

That looks like fun, but I think I would make the engine run first, before chasing and making parts. One of the pics looks like the housing has either a crack or a casting flaw in it. I would get it running before doing much of anything else.

Nice Model A,s, by the way.

sorry i have been so long in getting back to you.  thanks for the recommendation.  I do not find the crack.  which of the pictures did you see the housing with the crack.  Thanks again.

#26 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 1,353 Thanks
  • 786 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 10:08 PM

sorry i have been so long in getting back to you.  thanks for the recommendation.  I do not find the crack.  which of the pictures did you see the housing with the crack.  Thanks again.

Pic 6 has some funny lines tha look like they are on the block. But pictures, as we know, can lie to us. Ask anyone that's been on a blind date!

Have fun with the project.

#27 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 10:13 PM

I believe the engine is correct,this simplicity built M/W is early 50s and close in age to yours,M/W supplied there own engine's,if you can take that pulley down so it rides closer to the engine when reversed it should work,the secondary pulley is adjustable on my M-1 in the pics

These look very close to my engine.  Will you give me the number on the engine similar to the photo i sent.  

The Pulley on the Tractor is a three step pulley 8in, 5in and 2.5 in.  The 8 in pulley is a 5.8 wide belt and the 5in and 2.5in are for 1.2 inch belt.is by chance the 5/8 inch pulley for an attachment (cycle mower, etc)  and the two 1/2 inch pulley are for two speeds of the tractor drive.  Thanks for any lhelp you can give me.  i have found a carburetor so am wouking on getting the engine running.

#28 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 02, 2017 - 11:38 AM

Pic 6 has some funny lines tha look like they are on the block. But pictures, as we know, can lie to us. Ask anyone that's been on a blind date!

Have fun with the project.

thanks.  those lines do look wierd.  when i go to the barn i will check them  I have a friend who does magnaflux.  Thanks for the eagle eye.  Frank

#29 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 1,132 Thanks
  • 739 posts

Posted June 03, 2017 - 01:32 AM

The no. is C1105CIA,the wider pulley would be for implement's
  • frankclrh2o said thank you

#30 frankclrh2o OFFLINE  

frankclrh2o
  • 12 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 03, 2017 - 03:28 PM

The no. is C1105CIA,the wider pulley would be for implement's

That is the same no. on my engine.  Hate to keep bothering you.  what is the diameter on the pulleys on the engine.The pulley that is on the engine i have is  3.5 inch, 3.0 inch and 2.5 inch.  the Pulley on the tractor is 8 inch, 5 inch and 2.5 inch.  By secondary are you meaning the pulley on the tractor?  Thanks for your help.

Frank