12 replies to this topic

#1 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • Member No: 43924
  • 403 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 12:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

My main area of interest in collecting garden tractors are the lesser known Page and Red E tractors that were built only a few miles from where we live in Richfield, Wisconsin. Much of what I enjoy about them is the very local history and the lack of documentation. I enjoy the research and documenting what I find in hopes of helping others and getting others interested and as a result, more of these tractors being discovered and preserved. 

For the last few years, a project of mine has been a serial number registry in hopes of figuring more production related information out such as production numbers and when certain changes were made in production. If anyone has a Page or Red E either rider or walker with an ID tag, I'd love to add it to the evolving registry! 

I'm happy to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge. Attached are a few pictures of our Page and Red E tractors in our collection.

Thanks, Rob
oldiron1@yahoo.com

Attached Thumbnails

• Tractor Collection.jpg
  • 20150412_110340.jpg
  • Page 12 Rear Engine.jpeg
  • Page 12RG.jpeg
  • Red E 14.jpg
  • Rear Engine Riders.jpg

• DougT, Alc, KennyP and 9 others have said thanks

#2 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,550 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 01:01 PM

Those are really cool! But... A little hard on the eyes  :shoot2:  :D  :poke:

• boyscout862 and oldiron1 have said thanks

#3 GardnMastr OFFLINE  

GardnMastr
  • Member No: 85758
  • 338 Thanks
  • 173 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 02:16 PM

I have original RED  E 4 wheel tractor literature. I considered loading it on here. Unsure if sales literature belongs in manuals or not or if there's a different category. Maybe manuals (for how to repair or parts breakdowns) should be separate from sales lit. Maybe we need a tab up by the forum tab for sales literature? What say the moderators?

• KennyP and oldiron1 have said thanks

#4 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • 403 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 02:34 PM

I have original RED  E 4 wheel tractor literature. I considered loading it on here. Unsure if sales literature belongs in manuals or not or if there's a different category. Maybe manuals (for how to repair or parts breakdowns) should be separate from sales lit. Maybe we need a tab up by the forum tab for sales literature? What say the moderators?

I'd certainly love to see what Red E literature it is that you have in case it's something I don't have in my archive yet. 

Thanks, Rob

oldiron1@yahoo.com

#5 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,719 Thanks
  • 4,882 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 03:15 PM

In the riding tractors, we have the brochures in with the manuals. I'd say go ahead and post them there.

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#6 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,536 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 04:04 PM

Very nice collection!

I am amazed, I can truley say that I have never seen more than 2 or 3 at one time, let alone this many. Super nice;)
  • oldiron1 said thank you

#7 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • 403 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 04:14 PM

Very nice collection!

I am amazed, I can truley say that I have never seen more than 2 or 3 at one time, let alone this many. Super nice;)

Thanks! 

To be honest, I haven't seen more than  2 or 3 at any one time anywhere else either which is why I like to post pictures and info in effort of making others aware and hoping more of them come out of the woodwork. It's all part of the fun. 

I see you're in Wisconsin...if you ever make it to the Hartford area, I'd invite you to see the collection in person anytime.

Edited by oldiron1, May 09, 2017 - 04:14 PM.

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#8 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 1,314 Thanks
  • 810 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 04:49 PM

Nice collection you have there! Love to see them up close, the history is always fun to learn about.I always like to see the progression of engineering that goes into a line, also the integration of outside influence is always interesting to examine.
  • Alc and oldiron1 have said thanks

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,750 Thanks
  • 44,532 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 05:15 PM

In the riding tractors, we have the brochures in with the manuals. I'd say go ahead and post them there.

If there is a Brochures section, then post sales literature there. If not, in with the tractors, just title it so folks know it's not a manual.

#10 WHdbJD ONLINE  

WHdbJD

• Member No: 8367
  • 663 Thanks
  • 508 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 06:53 PM

I have seen oldiron1's collection, and it is amazing, as is his knowledge of the history of Page and Red-E tractors !

• oldiron1 said thank you

#11 GardnMastr OFFLINE  

GardnMastr
  • Member No: 85758
  • 338 Thanks
  • 173 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 08:31 PM

I'll tease you with these front shots of the sales literature that I have. You'll have to wait a day or two for the complete things.IMG_0148.JPG IMG_0153.JPG
  • Alc and oldiron1 have said thanks

#12 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • 403 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 10, 2017 - 03:57 PM

I'll tease you with these front shots of the sales literature that I have. You'll have to wait a day or two for the complete things.attachicon.gifIMG_0148.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0153.JPG

Great brochures there! I have all of those as well but they are tough to find; great set!

It'd be great to add them to the forum achieve whenever you have the chance to scan them.

• KennyP said thank you

#13 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • 403 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 10, 2017 - 03:59 PM

I have seen oldiron1's collection, and it is amazing, as is his knowledge of the history of Page and Red-E tractors !

Thanks WHdbJD, I appreciate the kind words. You helped add to my evolving collection and I very much appreciate that!

• KennyP and WHdbJD have said thanks