Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 12:23 AM

I think you are mistaken, Casey.

Tecumseh bought the Lauson engine line, not Clinton.

Thanks for clarifying that Bruce, I wasn't 100% sure because I did NOT review that info Alan told me last month LOL. (sorry Alan, I have to rat you out lol)

#47 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 2,144 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 12:25 AM

well ill try to clean the points tomorrow if i need new ones ill need to know the manufacture to get parts grrrrr....... but my fingers are crossed

Tecumseh ---- coil part # 30560 ---- points part # 30547 ---- condenser part # 30548

These were the part numbers until the 1990's. .....I don't know if they were superceded after that.

These parts were common to many Tecumseh vertical and horizontal engines in the 3hp-8hp range.

#48 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 12:35 AM

I am pretty certain it is not a Tecumseh because Springfield never used Tecumseh (at least as far as I know). The only three brands they used were Kohler, Briggs, and Clinton (they started with the Clinton and used them on many of their tillers). Doesn't mean those Tech parts wont fit, but I would be certain you are getting nothing before trying Tecumseh parts.

#49 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 02:46 AM

Ok, here is the deal. I was going thru my Springfield manuals, first time since I bought them 2 months ago. I actually sat down and read thru the service bulletins and found out a few things, some was shocking, some was very interesting. Anyway, I found a half a dozen service bulletins that listed engines and model numbers on the different Springfield equipment. Unfortunately I learned they did use Tecumseh, and they did use them on their tractor mounted Snow Blowers... so dangit, but it was in addition to using the other 3 brands so they used 4 engine brands. Now, the 63SB (the one I have a manual for used about 4 Tecumseh variations, but I don't think you have the 63SB because the bracketry on your SB does not match the 63SB bracketry. They had a 62SB as well, and while I haven't a manual for it, I would guess that is what you have, except one fact, your's has electric start. Well, I have in the list a 62SBE (electric start I believe) and it had Tecumseh HT55B-3179. Now again I will say this, it is possible it could be one of the other 5 Tecumsehs I have in the list, but I think I know what you have now. Sorry for any confusion, I am just as bummed, cause now I have to fix my Springfield article now that I learned other brand names they sold under and engines they used.

#50 onecrazyant OFFLINE  

onecrazyant

• Member No: 3943
  • 1 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 07:13 AM

well sorry to hear you need to do a rewrite but the more info that is out there the better.... hey if you can send a pic of the brackets i think someone screwed it up on this one thanks for all your help .... also after digging to get to the points it says Tecumseh on the points and on the shaft.

Edited by onecrazyant, June 17, 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#51 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 12:20 PM

well sorry to hear you need to do a rewrite but the more info that is out there the better.... hey if you can send a pic of the brackets i think someone screwed it up on this one thanks for all your help .... also after digging to get to the points it says Tecumseh on the points and on the shaft.

Jared, I would be happy to send pics put I don't understand them myself. Could you post a couple more pics of the SB showing the back side that hooks to the tractor and the back of the blower??

#52 onecrazyant OFFLINE  

onecrazyant

• 1 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 03:29 PM

here are a couple of shots for ya
frame2.jpg

Sorry for the small pictures but the system wont let me upload larger ones anymore

Attached Thumbnails

• frame.jpg

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#53 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 03:37 PM

Well, after looking at the pics you uploaded I am more confused because thats not the lower half exactly, but the top and mount to the tractor are right. Not sure and won't be til I go out this evening and look at the 4 link section again, I think mabey someone welded some stuff to it.

#54 onecrazyant OFFLINE  

onecrazyant

• 1 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 05:40 PM

well im fustrated i changed the points, condenser, spark plug and coil and still have no spark ....... to hell with that im going electronic :D

Edited by onecrazyant, June 17, 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#55 onecrazyant OFFLINE  

onecrazyant

• 1 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted June 22, 2011 - 02:50 PM

hey yall do you know the approx hp for the snowthrower thanks

#56 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 22, 2011 - 06:17 PM

I am thinking about 5 Hp, but will confirm later.

#57 onecrazyant OFFLINE  

onecrazyant

• 1 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted June 22, 2011 - 06:46 PM

hey wvbm any updates on SB frame asm

#58 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 22, 2011 - 08:33 PM

hey wvbm any updates on SB frame asm

Nope, I got distracted and forgot to revisit that whole thing. I have a tractor show coming up local here in a couple weeks so need to get stuff in order (tractors).

#59 onecrazyant OFFLINE  

onecrazyant

• 1 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted June 22, 2011 - 08:36 PM

k have fun at the show..... take lots of pics and post them

#60 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 22, 2011 - 08:46 PM

The show isn't for 2 or 3 weeks but I am feeling the pressure of it. I don't take pics when I go anymore, I have already seen all that is there every year lol. Here is a link to their Facebook page, which I will post elsewhere too. I go every year no matter what. I was in an auto wreck (totaled my truck) a month before and still took tractors to the show last year, with my other truck lol. I never not find a way to get a few tractors to a show 8 miles away LOL.
By the Lake Antique Equipment Show | Facebook