• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Ruge OFFLINE  

Charles Ruge
  • Member No: 86788
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 08, 2017 - 04:47 PM

No spark in a Briggs & Stratton Model 243431 0123 Type 01 CC: 67100 61, in an Allis-Chalmers B-110 garden tractor. Can I convert that motor model to solid-state ignition? Would I need to get the flywheel re-polarized?

#2 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 8371 Thanks
  • 5753 posts

Posted May 08, 2017 - 05:03 PM

Welcome to the forum. My understanding is if it has 2 magnets on the flywheel it would have to be repolarized. If the coil is good, you could convert it with one of the electronic modules that eliminates points and condenser.

• Bolens 1000 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 15196 Thanks
  • 10000 posts

Posted May 08, 2017 - 05:20 PM

Welcome to GTT. Go to our Manuals Section and download the B&S manual for your engine. It should help. The points box on those engines will fill with oil, shorting out everything. You can replace the plunger and/or install a seal kit. One of our sponsors carries the parts. Good Luck, Rick

#4 Dayton_King ONLINE  

Dayton_King
  • Member No: 68926
  • 1812 Thanks
  • 1288 posts

Posted May 08, 2017 - 08:50 PM

Actaully the new magnetron mags you don't need to repolarize. Zippo on YouTube shows a video with it installed

#5 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Fixer of Broken junk

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 6773 Thanks
  • 4562 posts

Posted May 08, 2017 - 08:53 PM

Welcome to the forum. My understanding is if it has 2 magnets on the flywheel it would have to be repolarized. If the coil is good, you could convert it with one of the electronic modules that eliminates points and condenser.

Can't use the multi magnet flywheels with a Magnetron coil or a Nova 2 or Mega-Fire module even if you have it repolerized. They fire Way Way to advanced. It will either instantly sheer the flywheel key or backfire through the carb with a big ole fireball.

Single magnet flywheels can be repolerized. If you have a Compass handy try this.

To determine whether or not your flywheel is magnetron ready, offer a compass to the center fin of the aluminum magnet carrier on the flywheel. If north points toward the flywheel, it has not been re-polarized and is not magnetron ready. If south points toward the flywheel, it has been re-polarized and is magnetron ready.

If you have to have your flywheel reploerized Briggs does it Free of charge.Just ship your flywheel with a small note describing that you would like to have your flywheel reploerized. I've had 3 reploerized. Address is as foillows.

Briggs and Stratton Corp.
Menomonee Falls Distribution Center
Flywheel Repolarization
N83 W12529 Old Orchard Rd.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051 2272

#6 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 8371 Thanks
  • 5753 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 05:53 AM

So......Should I take the Nova modules off the ones that I have running them?? They really seem to run pretty good and no sheared keys yet. The only ones that I can't get to run right on them are the magnamatic systems.

• KennyP said thank you