• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Harold Cole OFFLINE  

Harold Cole
  • Member No: 85363
  • 1 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 07:38 PM

Hi,ive got a 1974 2414 PTK and when in High Range the forward Gears run reverse and Reverse runs forward.Does anyone know of a fix.Thanks

#2 TimW ONLINE  

TimW
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 411 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 08:21 PM

If you have the optional dual transmissions, they are both the same transmission run in series.  Both have 3 forward speeds and a reverse.  If either of the transmissions is in reverse, then your backing up.  Both in reverse, you would go forward.  Both in a forward gear, your going forward.  I am pretty sure you would not really consider one of them a range selector.  I was always told the purpose of dual transmissions was to give you a very low ground speed for tilling and the such.  Your top speed would not be changed by the optional transmission.  Someone else should know for sure.

• Gtractor and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,836 Thanks
  • 1,281 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 09:39 PM

Hi Harold, the Power King dual transmissions are both 3 forward speed with reverse both are installed the same and the shift pattern is the same for both trans. there is no hight range just i-2-3 or reverse. So if you use the forward trans for primary shifting the the rear trans is just shifted into the gear of your choosing for the speed wanted  for example rear trans in 3rd gear that is direct just straight thur so then forward trans you shift 1 - 2 - 3- or r as you need if you desire to go slower shift the rear trans into 2nd and all speeds will b e reduced to go even slower shift the rear trans into 1st and things are really slow, as posted shift both trans into reverse and it will go forward.

I am attaching a 1976 owners manual on page 8 is a shift pattern decal.

Attached File  1976 PK 1614 Owners manual.pdf   26.3MB   24 downloads

• boyscout862 and Harold Cole have said thanks

#4 Harold Cole OFFLINE  

Harold Cole
  • 1 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 10:59 PM

Thanks for the replies,what i have is a2414 PKT with the dual Transmissions.When i'am in the first Trans it is normal,1st is norm ,reverse is norm,2nd and 3rd are all normal.when i shift it into the second Transmission 1st is reverse so is 2nd and 3rd,when it is in reverse it goes forward.I was just asking if anyone knew why and what would be the fix.

#5 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,920 Thanks
  • 4,824 posts

Posted May 08, 2017 - 02:20 AM

Harold,

What you are saying is totally correct IF your 1st trans is in reverse when you are shifting the second trans. Unless you need creeper speeds, you should leave one trans in 3rd all the time.  Then the other trans, that you are using, will work correctly.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,606 Thanks
  • 7,332 posts

Posted May 08, 2017 - 05:28 AM

I don't remember where I copied this chart from but it  might help explain things

Attached Files

• boyscout862 and MiCarl have said thanks

#7 Glenn Ayers OFFLINE  

Glenn Ayers
  • Member No: 65363
  • 62 Thanks
  • 85 posts

Posted May 08, 2017 - 07:27 PM

Can I throw a "Face-Palm" in about now ?

#8 Harold Cole OFFLINE  

Harold Cole
  • 1 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted May 08, 2017 - 07:40 PM

WOW NOW I FEEL SOOOOO stupid FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR THE REPLIES and Thanks MNGB,Great Owners Manual.The whole Time i was thinking the second Trans was Hi/Low.Now it has 9 different Combjnations of Forward Gearing.I've Learned a lot in the last 24 hours. Thanks again

• MNGB said thank you