#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,283 Thanks
  • 2,812 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 09:16 AM

is all I can say when I was visiting in Tennessee. We attended our niece's graduation from Eastern Tn University and when we left on our way home we went thru Mountain City Tn. As we were driving thru I saw what is probably the largest collection of Power King tractors I have seen. No pictures due to I was a passenger in a vehicle and we were following someone. When I first saw it I thought it was a Kubota dealership. As we got closer we saw that they were all Power Kings. I didn't count them but there had to be close to 50 or so. If I had been driving and we would of not been on a time crunch to get back to Michigan in one day I would of stopped to take time to gawk a little and maybe talk some.  If the owner is a member here I will say that you have from what I saw at 45 mph as we drove by a very , very impressive collection of tractors. I find that as a passenger in a vehicle as you are traveling that is when you see all the good stuff that you would like to stop and see. Back home after a whirlwind 1800 mile round trip in 4 days. 

Roger

• grnspot110, KennyP, Cvans and 4 others have said thanks

#2 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,485 Thanks
  • 793 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 10:15 AM

Think this is a possible??
https://swva.craigsl...6049665168.html
  • hamman and chieffan have said thanks

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 6,283 Thanks
  • 2,812 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 10:31 AM

You are probably right. I just tried Google Earth to locate the place but didn't see it. I just know that he has a very impressive collection of PK tractors. I was just wondering if he was a member of the forum. Thanks.                                                                                                                                                Roger

• chieffan said thank you

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,505 Thanks
  • 7,856 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 11:50 AM

Hoarder of Orange!  What could one do with a bunch of them? If all setting outside, can't imagine all that nice and working anyway!  (The Dark Side!)

• hamman, karel and chieffan have said thanks

#5 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 6,283 Thanks
  • 2,812 posts

Posted May 08, 2017 - 09:10 AM

I don't know if he keeps them out all the time or not. There is a big garage behind the house that he might keep them in. I have been trying to find the house on google earth but haven't seen it yet. Now I guess it's just a adventure for me to see if I can find it again. If it wasn't so far away I would go back and stop just to talk to the owner.                                                                                                                                                                     Roger

#6 sloopy OFFLINE  

sloopy
  • Member No: 53357
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 26, 2017 - 11:39 AM

Hamman

I think you saw Jack's place...can't remember his last name.  If he hasn't moved he was on highway 421 in the edge of Mt. City on the Boone NC side.   He is a nice guy, friendly, and loves his PKs.   I have been to his place and have bought some stuff from him.  He has an ad on Craigslist in Winston Salem NC right now for a bunch of stuff.  Check it out for his phone number and email address.  When I was there he had a pretty good selection but not as much as you describe now.  He buys and sells and my experience is that his prices are very reasonable compared to  other people in my area. 

• hamman said thank you