Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Can't find neutral.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013

If I can't do it slow then it's not going to get done.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 74432
  • 257 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 06, 2017 - 10:59 PM

Just got my first Bolens. It is a 1969 1455 if I am reading the manuals correctly. The PO said he had trouble finding neutral. Luckily it was in neutral when I went and got it but while unloading my wife stuck it in gear to stop it from rolling. :wallbanging:  According to the manual all I have to do is pull it to the neutral position. My Son and I spent about an hour trying to move the tractor today. I even jacked the rear end up and had my son move the tires back and forth while I moved the lever. It felt like it was releasing at the neuutral point but tranny still not in neutral. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1330474.JPG

#2 kjmweld ONLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 321 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 05:54 AM

You may have to move the foot pedal a little forward or reverse in order for the linkage to line up and be able to be brought into the neutral position. The foot pedal shouldn't move if the tractor is in either neutral or park, it only moves when all the way forward (I'n gear). At least thats how my 1250 works. I believe theyre the same.
  • MH81, ClassicBolens, Paulgo and 1 other said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,370 Thanks
  • 7,753 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 07:47 PM

Maybe some adjustments needed, the clutch dragging or something else that keeps it under strain and not relaxed enough to pop into N? Parts probly have Grey Primer on them and dried up, ha! :poke:

Will be looking for that Leaf Rake video!

Edited by glgrumpy, May 07, 2017 - 07:48 PM.

• Merle013 said thank you