Garden Tractor Forums banner

Rain rain plow rain rain plow

Tags
fcvaec
1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  DH1 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
One outta 20 ain't bad.
Been a rainy week and a half. Some days with over an inch. Our 20th anniversary plow day was looking to turn into more of a picnic. Our first wash out...
It stopped raining at noon and a few of us decided to see just how muddy it could get.
Wheel Tire Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Plant Sky Agricultural machinery Tree Farmer
Wood Plant Landscape Grass Gas
Wheel Tire Plant Sky Tractor
Plant Cloud Sky Natural landscape Agriculture
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky
Plant Sky Vegetation Tree Body of water
Drinkware Customer Public space Bottle Market
Jeans Tableware Cap Wood Jacket

We drank a lot of coffee, shot the bull, shot it again, and listened to the rain on the metal roof. A couple big tractors. Played in one field. No pics of them chasing water out of the furrow.
At some point just before lunch, it tapered off. After lunch, Jeff decided to just see if one section was dry enough to turn dirt. I'll be darned, it was close enough for government work

One young member had worked all week to get his ready and then couldn't plow with it because of a lift spring rod that was missing from the 'complete lift assembly' he bought. We made sure he and his Friend got a few laps on other tractors. Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

Obviously, attendance was down and no one expected otherwise, but we had some laughs and have some new stories to tell.
Got home, wet and tired. Put it away tomorrow after the rain washes some mud off.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Your third picture shows the goo fairly well. Glad ya's had a good time. Some times when things don't go as expected, ya get more time to spend with some people and get better aguatined.

Noel

Reactions: chieffan and MH81
#3 ·
We had the same problem at the tractor show we were at here in another part of rainy PA. I do see a lot of smiling faces at the lunch break. I'm sure it was still a good day for those that attended. I know I had a good time standing under the canopy talking with some folks during a rain break. You just have to make the most of what you have to work with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.