Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Any ideas on what Bolens this tiller fits?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,485 Thanks
  • 17,099 posts

Posted April 05, 2010 - 06:41 PM

The brackets should just mount right on to the slots that are moulded into the transmission of the Tractor. I think you should be able to mount this tiller on any XL. But I could be wrong.
I never seen an XL series in person, so I'm just going by what I have seen in manuals.

I guess you could mount this tiller on another tractor with some fabricating, as long as the PTO shaft spins in the same direction.

#17 hfm0323 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 141
  • 2 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 10:39 AM

I have one of these on my QT 17. Looks like the extender has been installed. Does the drive shaft have much play?

If your question is regarding the tiller pictured everything is tight and solid. Thats what attracted me to the tiller in the first place. I had visions of fitting this tiller onto any of my other tractors hoping to retire the troy-bilt walk behind. As it stands, I've learned the difference between a real tractor and the lawn mowers sold today. My goal now is to find a machine that will run this tiller with as close to a direct fit as possible. Do you think the QT17 is an option I could consider?