#1 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,186 Thanks
  • 744 posts

Posted May 01, 2017 - 05:22 PM

Hello everyone,

I've decided to put for sale my last car project. I have a 1923 Ford track T roadster project. The car is custom built from the ground up. Custom tube chassis, fiberglass body, aluminum floors and interior. Setup for a sbc and manual trans. The car is currently being mocked up for final assembly. There are a lot of new parts on the car exceeding $8K in value without taking into consideration the used parts, hardware metal, aluminum, and labor that has gone into this car build. I'm asking $6500 or best offer. I know its a long shot to list it here, but maybe there is a car guy in the group looking to build a hot rod! This car is being built light! It should be a blast to drive with a mild built small block!  If anyone is a car guy I'm also looking to trade. Looking for a nice rust free summer car or classic truck to take to cruise nights or drive here and there. I'm interested in mustang fox bodies, classic mustangs, camaro's, firebirds, trans ams, monte carlos, cutlass, regals, falcons, mavericks, comets, darts, etc. etc. I don't expect a perfect car or show car, just a respectable driver would be great. May also take a Bolens large frame with attachments and cash. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• ford t.jpg
  • ford t 1.jpg
  • ford t 2.jpg
  • ford t 3.jpg
  • ford t 4.jpg
  • ford t 5.jpg

• jhn9840, Bruce Dorsi, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#2 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,867 Thanks
  • 2,431 posts

Posted May 01, 2017 - 07:43 PM

I like it !!!!

I like the direction you were going with this project.

I have a T-Bucket, so I'm partial to this style rod.

What does it have for rear suspension and axle? 

Are those wide-5 hubs on the front & rear?  .....If so, how did you adapt them? 

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#3 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 1,186 Thanks
  • 744 posts

Posted May 01, 2017 - 08:15 PM

I like it !!!!

I like the direction you were going with this project.

I have a T-Bucket, so I'm partial to this style rod.

What does it have for rear suspension and axle?

Are those wide-5 hubs on the front & rear? .....If so, how did you adapt them?

Thanks, I work on several circle track race cars, or used to before my wife and I had our son, so this car reminded me of an old Indy car or modified asphalt car. It's being built to be light and hopefully handle well, no luxury crap, just motor noise and basics inside. The rear suspension is a 4 link with panhard bar and coilover shocks. It's a chevy posi rearaxle out of a chevy truck. The car has wide 5 adapter plates with knock off spinners in the middle. Speedway sells them at $55 ea. Wheels are 15x10 basset racing wheels. The plan and it may still happen if the car don't sell is to take the car to my buddies shop that builds circle track late models. I want to possibly go with independent front suspension and coilovers off a race car, wide 5 hubs with big brakes, and a quick change rear end out of a race car with wide 5 hubs and big brakes. Motor I had lined up was a sbc 400 bored to 408, ported and polished vette heads, cam, headers with bullet mufflers, and T-10 4 speed trans. I was gonna put 15"x15" wheels in the back with 29x15.5x15" tires. But my wife goes to school full time and works full time, and I work and chase my little guy around 7 days a week. My buddy is all in for the build and I can have or cheaply buy there old parts, but I have to be at the shop a few days a week to work on it, and it's just not gonna happen for the next 3 yrs till my wife graduates. Then her plans are buy another house and have another little one. Sooo the car isn't in the plans it seems.

Here is a picture of it with a friends motor for fitment just so people can see what it looks like. Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0518.JPG

Edited by fonz3482, May 01, 2017 - 08:19 PM.

• Bruce Dorsi and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#4 kjmweld OFFLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 321 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted May 01, 2017 - 08:28 PM

Now I see why the lack of garage space for the tractors, lol

#5 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 1,186 Thanks
  • 744 posts

Posted May 01, 2017 - 08:43 PM

Now I see why the lack of garage space for the tractors, lol

Yep, can't even work on anything. To much stuff, to little space, no time. Also to many hobbies = no money all the time. But the car is definitely neat and it's been a dream of mine to have a hot rod, so if it doesn't sell it can just sit in the garage. Someday I'll get to it hopefully!
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#6 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Member No: 2194
  • 2,780 Thanks
  • 2,028 posts

Posted May 01, 2017 - 09:53 PM

Very cool project

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale