5 replies to this topic

#1 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,550 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted April 29, 2017 - 07:34 PM

Well, thats not its "actual" name, but it should be. This ol girl has been out of commission for awhile.

While we still mess around with it occasionally, it hasnt been in a tractor pull in close to 8 years.

Its not much compared to some of them, but it works, and it works well. 

Some of the modifications are as follows:

Milled head 1/8 inch

Put a lighter mini bike piston in it

Car coil

Sonic tube

Venturi between carb intake and block

Ported engine

Cut turf tires

Wheelie bar

Weight bracket front and back

Moved battery to the front

Smaller tires up front

110 octane racing gas

Quick story of pulling days

We pulled at a club called PrairieVille. Most of the tractors there were daily mowers, and still had the deck on them. No sort of modifications, or pulling tires. But the kids didnt care if they moved or not, they were having fun anyway. BUT the parents were mad. Hehe, when we hooked up to the sled, right after them not moving, and made a full pull, they were heated. Club owners kid got beat, every time. So whats a dude supposed to do, when his kid cant beat us? Change the rules. He made a rule that we couldnt have cut tires. Made rules that would make his kid win. What happened you may ask? We still won. Not trying to be cocky or anything, but i mean come on dude. Thats uncool IMO.

Anyway, at the age of 7, i got around 12 1st place trophies each year. 

Then, he shut down the club. So, we stopped pulling. 

Now that im older, i want to get back into it. Make some upgrades, freshen up the motor etc. There is a club called Rabbit River but we have little to no chance against them. But heck, i dont care. I just want to get back on the track again. Pics of tractor soon.

• Traill95 said thank you

#2 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • 1,550 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted April 29, 2017 - 07:37 PM

post-77049-0-62299600-1452218062.pngpost-77049-0-00833500-1452218104.pngpost-77049-0-59483800-1452218084.png

Edited by 637Yeoman, April 29, 2017 - 07:38 PM.

• lyall, Cvans, CRFarnsworth and 2 others have said thanks

#3 TPatz OFFLINE  

TPatz
  • Member No: 86676
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 01, 2017 - 09:39 AM

Does it still have the 7hp Tecumseh? I bought a 70 for one of my sons but the engine is bad and I've been trying to find a different one

#4 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • 1,550 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted May 02, 2017 - 11:59 AM

Does it still have the 7hp Tecumseh? I bought a 70 for one of my sons but the engine is bad and I've been trying to find a different one

Still got the 7hp

Not sure how much hp its making now, but its the same block

#5 jser OFFLINE  

jser
  • Member No: 9139
  • 9 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted May 03, 2017 - 10:31 PM

Hi, Luke, my name is Josh. I am the secretary for Rabbit River Pullers. Wondering if you are planning on coming out for the test and tune next Thursday? Lets touchbase when you do, you can take a look at what some of the other guys are doing, you might be just as happy and more competitive if you pulled one of your Allis/Simplicity tractors. I'm afraid the Deere is going to have a hard time with the smaller turf tires... Also technically the mini bike piston isn't really legal in any of our classes I don't think. You might be able to run once or twice but the rules committee will be pushing pretty hard to get you in spec. Anyway lets talk and see if we can help you with some ideas and such.

Hope to see you then!

#6 Kster526 ONLINE  

Kster526
  • Member No: 77872
  • 760 Thanks
  • 499 posts

Posted May 04, 2017 - 05:27 AM

I've learned one thing when discussing what work is done to an engine for being competitive at any sport. Less is more .Your hard work makes it easier for others to duplicate,replicate and find a rule that goes against you. Its sometimes better to keep the cat hidden in the bag. 

Good luck with the pulling season.

• 637Yeoman said thank you