The cotter key that holds the water inlet in the deck was badly rusted so I replaced it with a new one. I also found a rust hole in the rear of the deck so I cleaned the metal up and welded it in with the mig welder. Once it was welded I sanded the weld down and gave it a quick splash of the green paint to slow down the rust. Years ago when I overhauled the deck I had installed sleeves on the bolts and new bronze bushings in the wheels to replace the worn out bearings that were there. Now the new bushings have become worn after about 14 mowing seasons (I think they should have lasted at least 20) so since there is still lots of bushing left I drilled holes and installed grease fitting in the wheels - drilled the holes right through the bushing. I will probably make new sleeves with a larger O.D. to match the worn I.D.'s of the bushings and then I will now be able to grease them. They should last a while longer and hopefully being able to grease them will stop the annoying squeaking sound they used to make sometimes from the bronze bushing turning on the steel sleeve.
Edited by 29 Chev, April 27, 2017 - 05:31 PM.