Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of July 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of July 2011! (122 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of July 2011!

1. 1969 John Deere 110 Patio (26 votes [21.31%])

Percentage of vote: 21.31%

2. 1945 John Deere Lindeman (17 votes [13.93%])

Percentage of vote: 13.93%

3. 1977 Ford LGT165 (23 votes [18.85%])

Percentage of vote: 18.85%

4. 1963 Bolens 800 (16 votes [13.11%])

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

5. 1957 Rugg Rugg-ed Rider (7 votes [5.74%])

Percentage of vote: 5.74%

6. 1964 Cub Cadet 100 (15 votes [12.30%])

Percentage of vote: 12.30%

7. 1978 Murray 11/36 (4 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

8. Voted 1969 John Deere 112 Patio (7 votes [5.74%])

9. 1968 Montgomery Wards Hydro 12 (7 votes [5.74%])

Vote

#16 akretowicz OFFLINE  

akretowicz

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2090
  • 148 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 14, 2011 - 08:46 PM

There are three of them with one vote which is surprising considering they are all great entries. I haven't voted yet because I can't decide. :D

Heck, I'm tickled pink my little Rugg has two votes. And I did not vote for myself, either.

#17 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 07:23 PM

GO Vancouver, uhm, I mean 1963 Bolens 800.:D

Come on you Canucks. Belly up!
  • Trent Thomson said thank you

#18 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 08:24 PM

Kenny I liked it better when it was painted Holstein. I MIGHT just give you a vote. Let me think a moment.:smile1:

I would like to nominate my 1977 Ford LGT 165. Since I live in the USA, it is always patriotic with it's paint scheme. (Unbeknownst to me, the Ford and windmill got together to show off their colors). I have had this tractor for a little over six months. When purchased, the Ford came with a set of chains, a 48" trip blade, 42" mower deck, 10" plow, and a 36" tiller.

So far, I have only used it to till my little garden. I have mostly been getting the motor back in shape and getting some paint on to slow the rust. I am going to continue to get the mechanics in shape this summer and build a few items to add to the tow hitch and tooth bar(harrow teeth). Hopefully, we won't get a large snow like we had last winter. But, if we do, I feel confident the Ford will get the job done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15536[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15537[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15538[/ATTACH]

I will look for some new rollers for the mower deck, and if these can be purchased cheaply, I will rework the PO's welds and get the mower working again. The spindles seem to be good.

The windmill does have a blue center, just hard to make out in the pics. George, here's the closest I could come to a T-shirt seat cover. Need to buy one of yours.(These comments may be omitted if need be)

• KennyP said thank you

#19 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 09:18 PM

Come on guys, lets get some more votes in here. Also, it is tough to beat these Deere guys, but I think it's still early enough to get a shot at em with another brand in the lineup. :D

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 07:18 AM

Ducky, I was thinking of repainting the Ford green and yellow.:bigrofl:
'Course, red has crossed my mind, also.

P.S. It is going to stay as it is. It is showing it's colors every day of the year. Doesn't need a flag to be Patriotic.

Edited by KennyP, June 16, 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 05:22 PM

Geez, I left for work this morning and I had half that Patio's votes. I get home this evening and find I'm closing on that sucker. My utmost thanks to all who have voted so far. That JD patio can't do what the Ford does every day. No flag is needed as she shows her true colors every day.

#22 jdcrawler ONLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,175 Thanks
  • 1,726 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 12:41 PM

Looks like I need to do some campaigning for votes for my little crawler.
I realize that she isn't painted in patriotic colors like the rest of the tractors here but that sure doesn't mean that she doesn't love her country any less.

This little crawler is very proud to be 100% American made ( they didn't import parts back then ).
At every show she attends, she proudly holds that flag high in the air every single day so every one can see it well.

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 08:27 PM

I do like your crawler, but I think most believe the Patio is the Holy Grail. Thanks for using it to display the flag.

#24 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 10:14 PM

I do like your crawler, but I think most believe the Patio is the Holy Grail. Thanks for using it to display the flag.

Holy Grail maybe because they are not that widely found? I've always heard it that the Patio series was a flop for John Deere ,not because the tractors were poorly designed. Quite the opposite I believe as later tractors like my dads 318 prove, but because people wanted their JD's to be JD green and yellow. A point I will agree on but I gotta say the patio's have a unique paint scheme and are cool today. I personally prefer the Red version, but then again I am partial to that color.

#25 jdcrawler ONLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,175 Thanks
  • 1,726 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 07:05 AM

I think most believe the Patio is the Holy Grail.

Holy Grail maybe because they are not that widely found? I've always heard it that the Patio series was a flop for John Deere ,not because the tractors were poorly designed. Quite the opposite I believe as later tractors like my dads 318 prove, but because people wanted their JD's to be JD green and yellow. A point I will agree on but I gotta say the patio's have a unique paint scheme and are cool today. I personally prefer the Red version, but then again I am partial to that color.

That is interesting information to learn.
I think it explains why everyone was so reluctant to post their tractor for the contest this month.

#26 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 08:35 AM

They are all great tractors that have been nominated and any of them are worthy of winning. :D

Get them votes in.

#27 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 01:12 PM

I enjoy seeing them all win just tired of seeing the John Deeres win it seems like every other month, last a Massey won last month so I guess it will be fine if another Deere wins. My Case was beat out by a Deere the month before, and only cause I made the statement that my Case was about to overtake the Deere. I guess that lit the fire under the Deere guys to finally get their lazy votes in on the Deere. I just find it aggravating sometimes that it takes a comment like that to get the people that hadn't voted the whole time, to place their votes in the last 48 hours. It shouldn't be that difficult if you like a tractor; vote for it, don't hesitate.

#28 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 02:25 PM

Doesn't matter what brand wins, as it's the voters who have the say. But I would think more would vote.
I know....once voting is opened, make it to where nobody can post till they vote! :bigrofl:

But Casey, looking back, I only see only one JD ever winning & every month from April 2010 shows except for March of this year.
You must be visiting another site & getting things mixed up!

Edited by olcowhand, June 19, 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#29 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 02:42 PM

Daniel is right, so far the Tractor of the Month has mostly seen Bolens and Massey for the winners and it is nice to see some others for a change. So keep entering and trying, some day you can be a winner too :D :bigrofl:

#30 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 03:00 PM

Glad I was wrong! I thought for sure it has been favoritism all this time, just got the brand wrong. Wow to get all those Bolens and Massey guys to run away for a few months so I can have a shot lol.

I never looked back on actual results, I left that to the experts lol.